Date Posted: November 30, 2007
December is going to witness the manifestation of retrograde Mars and more importantly the first conjunction of Jupiter and Pluto (Dec 7 – 16) in sidereal Sagittarius since the Pluto was discovered.
Sagittarius is a mutable and fire sign, and it deals with philosophy, morality and religion. Since Jupiter will be in conjunction with Pluto, the possibility of a severe religious or morality crisis is very likely. Our age-old beliefs will be tested. Certainly the present religious and morality based norms will be challenged by the new spiritual forces of human evolution. The contemporary philosophers, reformers, scientists, writers, poets, and all those who have power to influence people with their unique intelligence will enjoy this period to its fullest. In addition, the influence of contemporary spiritual leaders on society will shape the future direction of our social evolution through the theosophical and metaphysical debates.
The retrograde Mars in sidereal Gemini will continue to be responsible for economical and global trade related crisis. Although it’s a short term, the economical and political shocks that the world is going to experience due to the retrograde Mars will continue to be intense and will be reflected in increased political tension among developed nations, wild fluctuations in world financial markets, and destruction of wealth due to natural calamities or man made accidents. Other possibilities include blackouts in major cities, espionage in communication area, and failures of diplomatic efforts between nations. In addition, military personnel all around the world will likely to be confused with their goals and will undergo a transformation, and as a result, they may end up abandoning their original efforts and goals.
Other important planetary configurations for December are: Pluto-Saturn ninefold square (Nov 6 – Dec 24) and Uranus-Saturn ninefold trine (Nov 20 – Jan 1), Mars-Jupiter opposition (Dec 24-28) and Mars-Pluto opposition (Dec 31 – Jan 5).
The Mars-Jupiter opposition may reflect in some creative form of religious or moral manifestation. It’s an auspicious opposition providing a definite direction for a stalled situation for religious leaders and reformers. The Mars-Pluto opposition, which occurs just before the beginning of January and last through January 5, may become responsible for an escalating tension in the Middle East, and for unfortunate incidents that include both man-made and natural calamities all around the world.
While the Pluto-Saturn ninefold square is going to be responsible for continued violence and terrorism in Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and Pakistan region) and perhaps social crisis in Russia and China, the auspicious ninefold Uranus-Saturn trine will be positive for the United States, and it will be reflected in economic expansion, advances in technology and science, more research breakthroughs in biotechnology, medicine, high tech industry and engineering sciences.
The countries that are likely to make headline news will be: Pakistan, Unites States, Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, Palestine, Russia and China.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
President Bush’s most operating and one of the currently dominating planets, Ketu (South lunar node) will transit though the 8th house of his ninefold progressive chart during December. Therefore, he is likely to suffer a series of setbacks in carrying out his policies both domestic (immigration) and international (Iraq post war, Pakistan turmoil, and Middle-East peace summit).
In addition, his other operating planet Pluto quincunxes his natal Saturn during the the first half of December, and it will reflect in his inability of governing the country and poorly dealing with international dignitaries.
On a positive a note, with Neptune’s trine with his natal Rahu and Uranus, he still can, with the help of his advisors, manage to salvage his presidency by not taking the country in the extreme downhill direction.
As mentioned earlier, the retrograde Mars in sidereal Gemini will continue to manifest in the form of natural and mostly man-made calamities during the entire month and beyond. U.S. Military personnel will likely to become odds with their non-military counterparts such as the State department and like. Jupiter’s entry in Sagittarius is positive for the country from the spirituality standpoint. The possibility of a severe religious or morality crisis is very likely especially during the second week of December. The current belief systems will come under fire and will be tested. Certainly the present religious and morality based norms will be challenged by the new spiritual forces of human evolution.
The auspicious ninefold Uranus-Saturn trine will be positive for the United States, and it will be reflected in economic expansion, advances in technology and science, more research breakthroughs in biotechnology, medicine, high tech industry and engineering sciences. It is also positive for the democratic party.
Pluto-Saturn ninefold square will be dramatic and will force the Republican party to be transformed with a new set of objectives. As a result, the Republican party will continue to go through a severe period of negativity before it reaches its stability.
· Russia: Until December 24, the Pluto-Saturn ninefold square is not positive for Russia and the Putin administration. Russia is likely to be drawn in international politics with more vulnerability. Perhaps Russian policy may manifest as a source for increased tension between Iran and the United States. In general, except for the last week, the entire month is not positive for the country. During this period man-made and natural calamities are likely. The relationship between the USA and Russia will continue to be strained during this month.
· Europe: Uranus-Saturn ninefold trine will certainly be positive for European Union from economic progress standpoint. The Euro will continue to rise against US dollar and other international currencies. However, the Pluto-Saturn ninefold square may become responsible for political instability and natural and man-made disasters.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: For China the picture looks mixed. On one hand, the economic progress will continue at a phenomenal rate, but the Pluto-Saturn ninefold square (until December 24) is not positive from political stability and social unrest standpoint. Also, during this period natural and man-made calamities are likely.
· Middle East: The Pluto-Saturn ninefold square is going to be responsible for continued violence and terrorism in Middle-East (Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and Pakistan region) during the first three weeks of the month. The notable dates for violence related activities are: December 1-24.
· Religion: Since Jupiter will be in conjunction with Pluto during the second week of the month, the possibility of a severe religious or morality crisis during that period is very likely. Our age-old beliefs will be tested. Certainly the present religious and morality based norms will be challenged by the new spiritual forces of human evolution.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The likely notable dates are: Dec 11-13, 17-19, 24-28.
Earthquakes: Based on our earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on December 9, 13-14, 18, 21-22 and 29-31. While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.