Date Posted: January 31, 2010
The deadly influence of the dbilitated retrograde Mars in the water sign Cancer will continue to be reflected in upheaval of political world until May 1. Also, during the same period, financial markets will become extremely volatile and destruction of wealth due to natural calamities or man made accidents are likely. Other possibilities include a positive shift in spiritual world, outbreak of war or war like atmosphere in Afghanistan-Pakistan-India region.
On the other hand, the Jupiter’s unprecedented transit through Aquarius (taking only 4 months to transit through Aquarius and enter Pisces by May 1) means a great deal of material prosperity and advances in science and technology. Aquarius being the most powerful air sign representing intelligence as well as spirituality, and with the presence of Neptune in Aquarius, Uranus in Pisces (a sign ruled by Jupiter) and Pluto in Sagittarius (another sign ruled by Jupiter), I wouldn’t be surprised if the world gets transcended to a new level of intelligence and creativity in next three months.
The important planetary configurations for February include: Pluto-Saturn square (Jan 1-Feb 13), Saturn-Jupiter quincunx (Feb 1-7), Pluto-Mars quincunx (Feb 9-13), Pluto-Saturn ninefold square (Feb 1-5), Uranus-Saturn ninefold square (Feb 1-6) and Pluto-Uranus (Dec 6 – Feb 20) ninefold conjunction. Other important planetary configurations include Uranus-Rahu (Feb 21-27) and Pluto-Rahu (Feb 26-March 6) ninefold trines, and Pluto-Jupiter (Feb1-9) and Saturn-Mars (Feb 11-18) sextiles.
While Pluto-Saturn square may become responsible for increased violence, and man-made and natural calamities in the Middle East region, the Saturn-Jupiter ninefold quincunx is likely to manifest itself into rise in secretive religious activities. In addition, the negative forces of Pluto-Mars quincunx and Pluto-Saturn and Uranus-Saturn ninefold squares will be reflected in increased political tension and differences between European Union and the United States as well as between Russia and USA, and China and USA.. The Pluto-Uranus ninefold conjunction will manifest itself in scientific advances and technological breakthrough in areas such as biotechnology, medicine, high tech and space sciences.
The auspicious Uranus-Rahu and Pluto-Rahu ninefold trines and Pluto-Jupiter and Saturn-Mars sextiles will be positive for world economical growth and for possibility of political stability in the Middle-East region.
The countries that are most likely to be affected during this month will be: United States, European countries, Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Palestine and Israel), Russia, and China.
- United States of America:
President Obama and his administration:
For President Obama, his operating planet Neptune (Neptune becomes operating planet for his chart on Feb 9) will be in the seventh house of his progressive chart with Jupiter. As a result, he will have to deal with people with lot of political spin and deception. Media will be at the peak of their activities. But because of auspicious Jupiter, in the end he will prevail and be successful in effectively governing the country. Its likely that he will be very heavily involved in international politics after Feb 9.
In addition, the transiting Saturn will be making an auspicious trine aspect to his natal moon, and its manifestation will be reflected in his successful dealing with not only foreign counterparts and dignities but also with his adversaries.
The Pluto-Saturn square will likely to put republicans on defensive. Uranus-Saturn and Pluto-Saturn ninefold squares will be reflected in increased friction between the republicans and democrats on issues ranging from economy, war, health care reform and other. The retrograde Mars in water sign Cancer will continue create political chaos as well as volatility in financial markets . The Pluto-Uranus ninefold conjunction will be responsible for a clear and irreversible shift in US politics.
The Jupiter’s unprecedented transit through Aquarius means a great deal of prosperity and advances in science and technology. Aquarius being the most powerful air sign representing intelligence as well as spirituality, and with the presence of Neptune in Aquarius, Uranus in Pisces (a sign ruled by Jupiter) and Pluto in Sagittarius (another sign ruled by Jupiter), manifestation of a new level of intelligence and creativity in next three months is very likely.
For both democrats and republicans most of the month may turn out to be negative. Both parties are likely to struggle to solidify their political agenda for the next mid term election. People will continue to get fed up with Washington politics.
· Russia: The Pluto-Saturn square, and Uranus-Saturn and Pluto-Saturn ninefold squares are certainly not positive for Russian government during the first two weeks of the month. Social crisis and political instability will be the manifestations of these planetary forces. Increase in natural and man-made calamities is likely.
· Europe: The Pluto-Saturn square, and Uranus-Saturn and Pluto-Saturn ninefold squares will become responsible for increased uncertainties and friction between European Union and the United States. In general, an anxiety-filled atmosphere will continue to prevail. During the first two weeks of the month the occurrences of natural and man-made calamities are likely.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: The Pluto-Saturn square, and Uranus-Saturn and Pluto-Saturn ninefold squares are certainly not favorable for China during the first half of the month from both political and economical progress standpoint. Also, during the same period likelihood of natural or man-made calamities is high.
· Middle East: The Pluto-Saturn square, Uranus-Saturn ninefold square and Pluto-Uranus ninefold conjunction all point to increased violence in the Middle-East region (Iran, Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Afghanistan, and Pakistani region) during the first three weeks of the month.
· Religion: Due to Pluto-Jupiter sextile this month may prove to be positive for collective spiritual growth and religious reforms during the first week of the month.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The natural calamities like droughts, wildfires, heavy rains, air crashes, severe weather conditions, as well as man made accidents are more likely to occur on February 1-14, 23 and 25.
Earthquakes: Based on our earthquake prediction model, February 2010 may prove to be one of the crucial months for earthquakes. The model seems to indicate that the probability of having an earthquake of magnitude 7 or higher can occur almost everyday during the first half of the month (Feb 2-15) and on February 22. During that time the days which have the highest probability of earthquake of magnitude 7 or higher are Feb 2-3, 7-9 and Feb 14. While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.