Date Posted: December 31, 2001
We saw the positive changes of December (a total collapse of Taliban regime and terrorist groups like Al-Qaida in Afghanistan) helped the world return to stability, and in particular, the United States, as predicted, has successfully accomplished its mission against terrorism. The month of January is likely to be dominated with a bunch of scientific and technological breakthroughs (especially in the United States), improving trend for world economies, religious debates across the world reflecting the growing rift between the orthodox and the liberals, and a sort of beginning of a political upheaval in countries like Russia and China during this month.
The major planetary configurations that are likely to play key roles for world events during January are: Uranus-Pluto (the entire month), Rahu-Jupiter (Jan 9-20), and Uranus-Jupiter (Jan 28-Feb1) ninefold trines, Pluto-Rahu and Pluto-Ketu (Jan 1-9), Neptune-Jupiter (Jan 18-22), and Saturn-Jupiter (Jan 13-22) squares, and Neptune-Saturn ninefold conjunction (Jan 20-28). While the last four configurations are likely to be responsible for negative activities and a cause for natural accidents as well as turmoil in religious world, the influence of first three configurations will be so strong and positive that the possibly of totally wiping out the negative force by providing favorable and positive energy for the world prosperity is very likely. The countries that are likely to make headline news are: USA, Russia, China, India-Pakistan (Jan 11-14), Israel and Palestine.
- United States: In general the entire month for the United States looks very positive both from technological breakthroughs and for economical recovery. Also, expect some pleasant surprises in her pursuit for the war over terrorism. US prestige and dignity will again magnify all around the world.
For Bush administration, however, January 13-22, and then January 24-31periods may not be as positive as it has been. In particular, President Bush should watch out after January 24 when Uranus re-enters the sidereal Aquarius, the sign that rules the fourth house of his ninefold chart. A sudden shift in foreign policy is very likely, and at home, if not drastic, changes in administration are very probable. The administration as well as the Republic Party in general is likely to face unforeseen obstacles to carry out their domestic plans in the second half of the month. Also, US involvement as a broker in providing a meaningful solution to Israel and Palestinian on their ongoing conflict will face some tough challenges and will have to put its plans on hold. The violence between the Israelis and Palestinians will be severe during January 1-9, and 11-14 periods.
For Democratic Party the second half of the month looks very positive.
· Russia: In general, the month looks real positive for Russia especially after January 10, to handle the both the domestic crisis and international affairs with impressive results. Liberals in Russia are likely to prevail over their conservative counterparts. Russia may be likely to be on the verge of breaking out from doing things old fashion way and begin with a new cycle of fresh vigor and more capitalistic attitude.
· China, Hong Kong, and Pacific-rim countries: For China, January doesn’t look that bad. Although during the first week of month she is likely to face domestic political, social and economical crisis, later in the month China will come out successful in dealing with those crisis and more stability. In international affairs China is likely to make more headways. Japanese as well as pacific-rim economies are likely to accelerate during the last three weeks of the month.
· Europe: Until January 10, and then during the Jan 13-22 period, Europe is likely to experience social unrest as well as religious upheaval. Tensions between the orthodox (conservatives) and the liberals is very likely to manifest into a new form of crisis.
· India-Pakistan: The tension between these two countries is likely to peak during January 11-14. The nature of the outcome (I don’t expect a whole lot to come out…but I’m not so sure this time) of this crisis will seriously impact the US administration. Perhaps, as stated earlier, a sudden shift in US foreign policy in the last week of January could become a result of this crisis.
· Religion: Saturn-Jupiter ninefold square (January 13-22) and Saturn-Rahu ninefold quincunx may become a cause for religious tensions between the orthodox zealots and their liberal counterparts. Uranus-Jupiter ninefold trine (January 28-31) will probably result in having religious authorities embracing new (liberal) ideas.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The emergence of natural or Man-made calamities during January are likely to happen during January 1-9 (renewed violence in Mid East) and January11-14 periods.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters in the northern hemisphere, and equally intensive droughts in the southern hemisphere; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.