Date Posted: December 31, 2007
The retrograde Mars will continue its influence in shaping the global events in January. These events will be reflected in economical and global trade related crisis, wild fluctuations in world financial markets, and destruction of wealth due to natural calamities or man made accidents. In addition, communication in general, will be severely affected causing misunderstanding between the communicating parties as well as among nations. Also, military personnel all around the world are likely to be negatively influenced in carrying out their activities. The political and social turmoil in Pakistan will continue to be on rise.
Other important planetary configurations for January are: Pluto-Mars opposition (Jan 1-5), Neptune-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares (Jan 1-5), Pluto-Rahu ninefold opposition (Jan 11 – 17), and Pluto-Ketu (Jan 3-25) and Saturn-Jupiter (Jan 18-24) auspicious trines.
The Pluto-Mars opposition is likely to become responsible for an escalating tension in the Middle East, and for unfortunate incidents that include both man-made and natural calamities all around the world. the ninefold Neptune squaring the lunar nodes will be reflected in social as well as political crisis in Russia and to some extent in China. Pluto-Rahu ninefold opposition will be the cause for suicide bombings and terrorism related activities, mainly in the Middle-East.
However, Pluto-Ketu and Saturn-Jupiter auspicious trines will provide the political stability and prevent the situations from becoming worse. The positive influence of these trines will also be reflected in world economic growth and advances in technology and science.
The countries that are likely to make headline news will be: Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Israel, Palestine, Europe, Russia, China, and the Unites States.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
President Bush’s most operating and the currently dominating planets, Ketu (South lunar node) and Pluto will transit though the 7th house of his ninefold progressive chart during January. Therefore, he is likely to have difficulties in carrying out his agenda when he visits the Middle-East in January. In addition, he will face serious problems in dealing with his own administration with regard to domestic as well as international matters.
During the second half of January his Uranus quincunxes his natal Moon. As a result, he might become too impatient in reaching some key decisions that later he will come regret.
On a positive a note, with Neptune’s trine with his natal Rahu and Uranus, he will continue, with the help of his advisors, to manage and salvage his presidency by not taking the country to the extreme downhill direction.
The retrograde Mars in sidereal Gemini will continue to manifest in the form of natural and mostly man-made calamities during the entire month. U.S. Military personnel will likely to become odds with their non-military counterparts such as the State department and like.
The auspicious Pluto-Ketu and Saturn-Jupiter trines will be positive, and these trines will be reflected in economic expansion, advances in technology and science, more research breakthroughs in biotechnology, medicine, high tech industry and engineering sciences.
Uranus-Rahu ninefold quincunx (Jan 11 – 17) will not be positive for the democratic party.
· Russia: The Neptune-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares are not positive for Russia and the Putin administration during the first week of the month as deception and corruption will rule the Russian politics. During this period man-made and natural calamities are likely.
· Europe: Pluto-Ketu trine will certainly be positive for European Union during the first three weeks of the month from economic progress standpoint. The Euro will continue to rise against US dollar and other international currencies. However, the Neptune-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares may become responsible for natural and man-made disasters during the first week of the month.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: For China the first week is certainly not positive. However, the economic progress will continue at a phenomenal rate. Pluto-Ketu trine (Jan 3-25) will manifest in the form of social prosperity and happiness. For Japan and for Pacific-rim countries, from economic standpoint, January may prove to be one of the positive months.
· Middle East: The Mars-Pluto opposition will be responsible for continued violence and terrorism in Middle-East (Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and Pakistan region), especially in Pakistan during the first week of the month. The notable dates for violence related activities are: January 1-5, 26-28..
· Religion: Although waning, the influence of Jupiter-Pluto conjunction may continue during the first half of the month. The possibility of a religious or morality crisis during that period is likely.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The likely notable dates are: January 1-5, 16-22, 16-28.
Earthquakes: Based on our earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on January 8-9, 13-14, 17-20, 22, 26, 29.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.