Date Posted: February 28, 2007
March is going to be dominated by two very important and unpleasant planetary configurations: Neptune-Saturn opposition (Feb 20 – March 9) and Uranus-Rahu conjunction (March 11-29), making it as one of the most devastating months of 2007 from global events standpoint. During 2006-07 Neptune-Saturn opposition occurs three times. This is the second leg of this opposition with retrograde Saturn. It would mean volatile oil prices, unsteady political situation in Middle East (as has been reflected in continuous violence in Afghanistan, Iraq, and particularly, in the city of Baghdad), and sudden and unexpected calamities (both man-made and natural) or terrorist activities that include suicide bombings and deadly attacks, especially in the Middle-East region (American Vice President Cheney believed to have escaped an assassination attempt by Talibans) . The Uranus-Rahu conjunction (and Uranus-Ketu opposition) would mean a very challenging and trying March for the United States and Bush administration. Chaotic and undesirable event(s) will be the result of the manifestation of this conjunction. In addition, in the second half of the month, manifestation of Pluto-Saturn ninefold square (March 16-27) will be reflected in more suicide bombings and deadly attacks in Middle-East and in other volatile regions of the world.
However, at the same time during this month, Saturn-Rahu and Uranus-Saturn ninefold sextiles and Saturn-Jupiter trine will be positive for advances in sciences, technology and world economic expansion.
Other planetary configurations for March include Mars-Saturn opposition, Pluto-Jupiter ninefold square, and Mars-Jupiter sextile. Mars-Saturn opposition will likely to manifest in sudden and unwanted natural and man-made calamities, and difficult period for military personnel and US troops in Iraq. Also, relation between India and Pakistan likely to reach a low point during Mars-Saturn opposition (March 21-24).
The countries that are likely to make headline news will be: United States, Russia, China, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Afghanistan, Israel, Palestine, India and Pakistan.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
Since Pluto continues to quincunx his natal Saturn in March, President Bush will likely to be less careful with people surrounding him and as a result, he will be more frustrated with his domestic and international dealings. In addition, Uranus-Rahu conjunction in the fourth house of his progressive chart will likely to force him make some drastic changes both in his political agenda and people surrounding him.
However, after March 8 when Mercury becomes direct, due to his Neptune’s trine with his natal Rahu and Uranus he is likely to be rewarded with some surprise positive results on the international scene . Also, because of Rahu’s trine with his natal Sun and Saturn’s trine with his natal Ketu, he is likely to be successful in building positive political image that he desperately needs. About the same time his father, the former President George Bush is likely to be back in news.
Uranus-Rahu conjunction will be responsible for several domestic events that would reflect chaos and lawlessness. A possibility of a terrorist related activity or suicide bombings or both on US soil can not be ruled out. Occurrences of man-made or natural calamities are also likely. During the first ten days of the month, Neptune-Saturn opposition will continue to be responsible for a challenge in political dealing with Russia and to some extent with China.
On a positive note, Uranus-Saturn ninefold sextile will be responsible for advances in science and technology during the third week of the month.
Democrats and Republicans will be at each other’s throat during the first half of the month.
· Russia: In general, the first ten days of the month are not positive for the country when it comes to dealing with the USA. However, the second half of the month looks to be positive for the country from the economical progress standpoint. Man-made and natural calamities, and rise in covert activities are likely during the first two weeks of the month.
· Europe: Except for the first week, March may turn out to be favorable for the continent from economical growth and political stability standpoint. However, dealings of most of the prominent countries of Europe with the United States, and especially with the Bush administration likely to fail. The Pluto-Jupiter and Pluto-Saturn ninefold squares may become responsible for incidents that would provoke the religion based belief system, and natural and man-made calamities respectively during this month.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: Relationships between China and the United States likely to become more sour. However, the entire month will be positive for China, Japan and pacific-rim-countries from the economical growth standpoint.
· Middle East: Violence and suicide bombings in Iraq and Palestine-Israel regions will accelerate at a very alarming rate. Neptune-Saturn opposition may become responsible for high volatility in oil prices due to disruption in supplies. The notable dates for violence related activities are: March 1-9, 16-28.
· Religion: Overall the second and the third week (March 8-18) of the month are not positive for the religious activities all around the world. The religious atmosphere is likely to get tarnished with violence and unrest.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Uranus-Rahu conjunction and Neptune-Saturn opposition will be responsible for both the natural and man-made disasters during the entire month. The likely notable dates are: March 1-9, 11-29.
Earthquakes: Based on earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher are likely to occur on March 4-6, 9, 17-19, 21, 25. While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.