Date Posted: September 30, 2006
In October there will be three major planetary transits: On October 16, Rahu enters sidereal Aquarius (and Ketu sidereal Leo), on October 27, Jupiter enters sidereal Scorpio and on October 29, Saturn enters sidereal Leo. The most challenging planetary configurations for October are Pluto’s direct squares with the lunar nodes Rahu and Ketu (Sept 20 – Oct 18), Saturn-Rahu direct quincunx (Oct 16-31), Saturn-Rahu/Ketu ninefold (Oct 21-25) and Saturn-Jupiter direct (October 18-31) squares . However, the counter-balancing favorable planetary configuration that may become responsible for world political and economical stability are Jupiter-Rahu (Oct 21-27) direct and Saturn-Neptune (Oct 24 – Nov 1) ninefold trines.
Pluto-Rahu and Pluto-Ketu squares will be responsible for rise in natural and man-made calamities all around the world, renewed insurgency in Iraq, and escalating fight in Israel and Palestinian region. Saturn-Jupiter direct square will manifest in moral challenges that religious leaders must deal with. Also, the Jupiter-Saturn square may become responsible for economic slowdown. Saturn-Rahu quincunx is certainly doesn’t bode well for Europe and the Middle-East region. The Middle East will continue to be the center stage for insurgency in Iraq and ongoing conflict between the militants and Israel (and its allies).
Despite the negative influence of planetary configurations as described above, the hope for the world stability will come from Jupiter-Rahu direct and Saturn-Neptune ninefold trines in the form of economic expansion and diminishing friction between USA and Russia and USA and China.
The countries that are likely to make headline news will be: Iraq, Iran, Israel, Palestine, United States, key European countries including France and United Kingdom.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
Since all through October Uranus quincunxes his Natal Pluto, President Bush will be under intense pressure from his advisors as well as American people to pursue the path of withdrawal of U.S. military force from Iraq as the post Iraq war activities are clearly move in the direction to prove that Iraq war and subsequent US involvement has been a huge liability.
Although his Neptune trines his natal Moon all through the month, the tenth house ninefold Neptune will create an atmosphere of deception around him. And as a result, he will continue to be totally delusive and end up making wrong decisions on both foreign and domestic policy issues. The post-Iraq war crisis will continue to dodge him until he finally gives up sometimes before the end of the year.
During the last two weeks of the month Uranus opposes his natal. As a result, president Bush will likely to be forcefully confronted with American people. His rating in poll will decline.
Pluto-Rahu/Ketu direct squares (till Oct 18) will continue to be challenging to the country as they will manifest in political crisis, social discontent, and natural and man-made calamities. The general mood of Americans will continue to reflect discontentment and anxieties.
For republicans, the second half of the month is certainly not positive. Their popularity in poll will be declining as their credibility with American people diminish. The party leaders will continue to maintain distance from Bush administration due to post-Iraq war mismanagement and failed domestic policies.
For democrats, the first week of October will prove to be a challenging week from providing a cohesive alternative strategy for post Iraq conflict. But overall, they are likely to sail smooth through the month. The last week of the month is certainly positive for democrats as they likely to gain support from American people for the upcoming midterm election.
· Russia: The second half of the month will likely to be disastrous for Putin administration due to internal management crises. Man-made and natural calamities will also play important part in disrupting normal life in Russia during the second half of the month.
· Europe: The month doesn’t look to be positive for Europe, especially the second half. A possibility of a terrorist activity, especially in Italy, can not be ruled. Religious conflict will escalate. Religious leaders may come under severe pressure from public as well as from international community. Also, the entire month is bad from the occurrence of a natural or man-made calamity standpoint.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: The last two weeks of October will be politically very challenging for China as Rahu-Saturn quincunx will manifest in social unrest and anxiety-filled atmosphere in politics. A possibility of riots can not be ruled out. From economic progress standpoint the entire region is likely to experience a short term slowdown.
· Middle East: Violence and suicide bombings in Iraq, Afghanistan and in Palestine-Israel regions will continue through all month, especially during October 1-18 and Oct 23-27.
· Religion: The Saturn-Jupiter direct square (Oct 18-31) will certainly play an important role in creating new challenges that must be dealt by different denominations of religious groups and authorities. A possibility exists for a stepping down of an higher religious authority or a shameless scandal being exposed during the second half of the month.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Jupiter-Saturn direct square, Rahu-Mars and Saturn-Rahu direct quincunx, and Pluto-Rahu/Ketu direct squares will be responsible for both the natural and man-made disasters during October. The likely notable dates are: Oct 1-18 and Oct 21-25.
Earthquakes: Based on earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher are likely to occur on October 10-11, 13, 15-16, 22-30. While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.