Date Posted: April 30, 2001
May is likely to be a very volatile month with a lot of happenings in the world of politics and economy affecting the entire globe.
One of the important planetary events of May is the retrograde Mars which occurs once every two years and usually it leaves its mark with turmoil and instability in the areas of politics and economy. The Mars becomes retrograde on May 12. In addition, Uranus (May 30) and Neptune (May 11) join Mars by becoming retrograde during this month. On May 12, Mars becomes retrograde in the sidereal zodiac sign Sagittarius, via it’s retrograde motion returns to Scorpio on June 11, and stays retrograde till July 20. Astrologically speaking, the following can be expected from the retrograde Mars.
In general, when a planet turns retrograde, the positive energy offered by that planet is expected to slowly diminish. In case of Mars, being a planet of total independence, high ego, and less maturity usually make things worse with incredible speed.
For those who are affected by Mars are very likely to experience a sudden setback in their professional careers as well as in other activities. In particular, engineers, designers, construction workers, people who work in military, leaders, managers and like are likely to be more affected than others. You may have to repeat things many times over before you get it right, or you may have to deal with unfortunate and totally unexpected circumstances, and in general, you may end up in having a very frustrating experience.
At a collective level, expect a political tension building among developed nations. Destruction of wealth due to natural calamities or man made accidents are also very likely. World financially markets are likely to experience incredible volatilities. Other possibilities include a sudden rise in terrorist activities, escalation in a warlike climate between Israelis and Palestinians, and of course increased covert activities among nations.
Although the Uranus-Rahu (May 19-31) ninefold trine is likely to provide the stability around the world and the desired climate for political, economical, and social improvement, the destructive influence of the Pluto-Uranus, Pluto-Saturn, Neptune-Rahu (and Ketu), and Mars-Rahu (Ketu) ninefold squares will outweigh far more, and as a result, political and economical uncertainties and instabilities are likely to be rampant all around the world.
The Mars-Neptune ninefold conjunction (May 1-May 21) will provide additional fuel for already rising covert activities and terrorism all around the world.
- United States: The Pluto-Uranus ninefold square (May 1-17) is not positive for Bush administration. Expect some setbacks in both domestic and foreign policies during that time. Also, dealings with democrats will increasingly become difficult during that time. Then from May 22-30 President Bush is likely to face a serious domestic crisis testing his leadership. The impact of such crisis might be felt for a long time. For the country as a whole, expect the sudden occurrence of both the manmade and natural calamities during the first two weeks of the month.
Update: May 23, 6:00 PM (CST)
As predicted above during May 22-30 Bush Administration is likely to face a serious domestic political crisis. The potential exit of republican senator Jeffords of Vermont from the GOP party, and White House and GOP efforts to keep him from leaving the party is a serious enough crisis that Bush administration facing today to validate the above prediction. Unless for some reason Senator postpones announcing his decision after may 30, it’s very probable that republicans and the Bush administration are going to lose him.
· Russia: The second and the third week of May may prove to be a disaster for Russian politics. The last week (May 26-30) the relationship with the USA may reach to a critical level. In general, the month of May may turn out to be a very trying and frustrating month for Russia.
· China, Hong Kong, and Pacific-rim countries: During the first two weeks of the month China is likely to have problems with her neighbors including India and Taiwan. The secretive political maneuvering activities will be at their peak, and a possibility of a public rioting or a rising political instability can not be ruled out during the second and the third weeks of the month. However, from economical standpoint, China as well as Pacific-rim countries are likely to enjoy positive growth.
· Europe: Except for the last week of the month (May 22-30) the month looks good for Europe.
· Religion: In general, this month or at least the first three weeks of the month may prove to be a disaster for worldwide religious activities. Religious authorities will find a lot of obstacles and challenges from the unforeseen forces to carry out their plans.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: During May 5-26 man-made as well as natural calamities and accidents are more likely to occur all around the world. Although it is very difficult to predict the geographic locations for man-made and natural calamities, the possibility of those occurring in Indian subcontinent, Russia, China, the Mid-East, and North and Central America are more likely.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters in the northern hemisphere, and equally intensive droughts in the southern hemisphere; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.