Date Posted: January 31, 20001
The month of February is very likely to be positive and productive for most of the world. The first week, however, will continue with crisis pertaining to violence, terrorism, severe weather conditions, faltering economy, and in general, a lot of anxiety about the future. But starting with the second week (about Feb 6) the positive influence of the Uranus-Saturn trine and the absence of any significant square during the rest of the month will make things lot normal and even positive. Expect the financial markets to bounce back, the political crisis to wind down, the economies getting back to normal, and the general negativism about the future running its course. The major planetary configurations that are likely to influence this month are:
The ninefold trine between the planet Uranus and Saturn, providing a positive energy for creativity and productivity, begins on February 6 and will last through March 16. Similarly the Pluto-Uranus trine (Feb 19 – March 8) will provide additional boost to economic expansion as well as for general social well being, thus keeping most part of the world out of unwanted crisis and tension.
The Pluto-Jupiter ninefold sextile (Feb 1-17) will bring harmony between various religious factions, and perhaps a new idea in the religious world will take root that would transform the religious perspective to a whole new level of understanding and thus, providing a new meaning to religion.
The Pluto-Saturn ninefold conjunction (Feb 19 – March 7) may become responsible for man-made as well as natural calamities. Also, this conjunction is likely to provide fuel for a potential breakout of a political crisis in countries like Russia and China.
- United States: Except for the first week in February, Bush administration is likely to make significant progress in carrying out its political agenda. However, in doing so, the administration is likely to make generous compromises with Democrats making some key conservative members in the Republican Party disappointed.
From the third week (Feb 19-28) onwards the Bush administration is going to face some serious political as well as international challenges. However, I expect the administration to succeed in overcoming those challenges. The United States may have to deal with crisis born out of natural accidents.
· Russia: The first three days in February may prove to be crucial for Russia as she will be dealing with political and economical instability coupled with riots. Furthermore, during February 5 – 13 period the government’s ability to govern will be seriously tested, and it is very likely to be failed. The relationship with the USA, however, is likely to improve during February 14-18. During the last couple of weeks of February (Feb 19-28) Russia needs to be careful in handling domestic crisis and social unrest.
· China, Hong Kong, and Pacific-rim countries: China is likely to continue to have to face the political, social and economical problems during the first week of the month. Although February 6-13 period seems favorable for China it still needs to be careful in dealing with people unrest. The last two weeks of the month will bring more domestic problems, and from political standpoint the prospects of having success in dealing with these problems do not look good. From economic standpoint, the entire pacific-rim region, China, Japan, and Hong Kong are likely to experience some recovery with better growth prospects.
· Europe: Except for the first week, the month of February, in general, will turn out to be a lot better compared to the last month from political as well as economy standpoint. Expect rising trade between the USA and Europe. Euro currency will regain its position in the world markets. The last couple of weeks are probably not that good. During that time a possibility of a political crisis as well as an outbreak of natural disasters is likely.
· Religion: In general, religious activities worldwide are going to expand. New initiatives or ideas are likely to take roots and transform the current religious perspectives to a whole new level of understanding. The positive periods for religion are: February 2-4, February 6-17. The religious authorities are more likely to be ready for consideration of new and liberal ideas. In the last week of February expect some friction between the religious authorities and people with new initiatives and ideas resulting in a state of confusion.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Until February 5, the Saturn-Rahu and Saturn-Ketu ninefold squares and Saturn-Mars opposition are likely to become cause for man-made as well as natural calamities and accidents around the world. In addition, the Saturn-Pluto ninefold conjunction (Feb 19-March 7) probably will add to these calamities. Although it is very difficult to predict the geographic locations for man-made and natural calamities, the possibility of those occurring in Europe, Russia, Mid-East, and Indian subcontinent are more likely.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters in the northern hemisphere, and equally intensive droughts in the southern hemisphere; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.