Date Posted: December 31, 2000
In the first month of the new millennium, especially in its latter half, we are likely to see a lot of tension around the world in the form of terrorism, sudden outbreak of political crisis in some of the major countries, severe weather conditions, faltering economy, and in general, a lot of anxiety about the future. The planetary configurations that are likely to influence most of these events through this months are:
The ninefold squares between the planet Pluto and lunar nodes (Rahu and Ketu) exerting their influence from January 19 to January 28, and the similar squares between Saturn and lunar nodes occurring during January 26 – February 3 period will likely exert a strong negative influence creating an unfavorable and detrimental atmosphere during these periods adversely affecting the world politics, world economy, and in general, the world stability.
Rahu-Neptune conjunction will provide an additional fuel to secret activities in the political world. This conjunction may become responsible for a potential political fallout as well as for an economical crisis for both Russia and China during January 2 through January 8.
On a positive note, until January 19, favorable ninefold trine between Uranus and Neptune will continue to provide the excellent environment for economic expansion via scientific discoveries and inventions, and also for merger and acquisitions in the financial world. The relation between the USA and Russia is likely to stay positive. Also, the first week of January (Uranus-Rahu trine) is positive for the world financial markets, especially for the US markets.
· United States: The first week of January is likely to prove to be very positive for Clinton administration in dealing with both international and domestic matters.
For the president elect Bush, who is scheduled to take the oath for the office of the presidency on January 20, the ninefold squares between the lunar nodes and Pluto from January 19 – January 28 and the ninefold squares between the lunar nodes and Saturn from January 26 through February 3 are likely to pose him with some serious political challenges that he must handle. It will be George W. Bush’s first real test as the president of the USA, and it would take a lot of leadership and courage to deal with the crisis through this difficult and challenging period.
· Russia: The first week of January (January 2-8) may prove to be crucial for Russia from both the political and economical standpoints. Furthermore, the Pluto-Saturn conjunction will likely to make the matter worse during the second and the third week of January (Jan 7-19) perhaps resulting in a political shakeout and/or a natural catastrophe. And finally, the month is likely to end with a deepening political and economical crisis creating added uncertainty in Russia’s economic and political future.
· China, Hong Kong, and Pacific-rim countries: Except for the third week of January (January 18- 26) China is likely to continue to have to deal with political and economic issues with almost no resolution. From economic standpoint, the entire pacific-rim region, China, Japan, and Hong Kong are likely to experience a serious downturn mired with natural disasters.
· Europe: The month of January is a very negative for the continent. Expect some suspicious political dealings between some countries, a severe economic downturn, and a likelihood of manmade as well as natural calamities. Euro currency crisis is likely to resurface. But more importantly, Europeans are likely to lose their confidence in their economical abilities, and are likely to be strongly influenced by the cloud of uncertain and anxiety-filled future.
· Religion: In general, religious activities worldwide are likely to diminish. Don’t expect a great deal of new initiatives from religious leaders. Also, the emergence of a new crisis is unlikely. Except for the first week of January, which is likely to be positive, we are not likely to witness any significant religious events this month. During the second half of the month an outbreak of religious violence in the Israel-Palestinian region is possible.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Until January 8, the Neptune-Rahu conjunction may be responsible for man-made as well as natural calamities. In addition, the Saturn-Pluto conjunction probably will cause both man-made accidents and natural calamities, especially for the North America, Europe, Pacific-Rim countries and Russia, during the second and third week of this month. Finally natural disasters are likely to occur all around world during the last week of the month.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters in the northern hemisphere, and equally intensive droughts in the southern hemisphere; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.