Date Posted: February 1, 2002
In general, in February expect more stable and prosperous environment around most of the world. For United States, however, the first week of February (Feb 2-9) is not good, and negative forces caused due to Uranus-Rahu ninefold conjunction (and Uranus-Ketu ninefold opposition) are likely to manifest in one or more of these forms: terrorism, political instability, scandals, a huge natural calamity, or a fearful environment. The countries that are likely to make headline news are: USA, Pakistan, Israel and Palestine, and possibly China. February is likely to be overwhelmed with very positive news in the area of scientific and technological research, social reforms, improved relations between the United States and Russia as well as China. However religious crisis are likely to creep up, especially in the United States.
The major planetary configurations that are likely to play key roles for world events during February are: Rahu-Pluto (Feb 7-9), Neptune-Jupiter (Feb 12-22) ninefold trines, Uranus-Rahu (until Feb 15), and Neptune-Saturn (until Feb 13) regular trines, Uranus-Rahu ninefold conjunction (Feb 2-9). Except for the last one, these configurations are positive for the entire world.
- United States: The first nine days are not good for the country. But as the month progresses expect positive surprises in capturing more terrorists, and the administration becoming more active in bringing both Israelis and Palestinians closer to reinitiate another round of the peace process.
For Bush administration, February 2-9 period is not favorable, and therefore it needs to be extra careful in dealing with both the international (Afghanistan-Pakistan) and domestic affairs (Enron and Democrats). After February 9, it should experience relatively favorable time, and will have a reasonable degree of success in whatever the administration does. During the first week of February a sudden shift in foreign policy is likely, and changes in administration personnel cannot be ruled out. Again this month, the administration as well as the Republic Party in general is likely to face political obstacles that they must deal with. On a positive note, US involvement as a broker in providing a meaningful solution to Israel and Palestinian on their ongoing conflict will have some success. The violence between the Israelis and Palestinians, at least temporarily, is likely to taper off.
For Democratic Party, the month looks positive.
· Russia: February 1-6, in general, is not positive for Russia. But later, almost the rest of month looks favorable for Russia to handle the domestic and international affairs with positive results. Covert activities in Russia will be on rise.
· China, Hong Kong, and Pacific-rim countries: For China, February 6-23 is going to be a very challenging period. But I think, China will come out successful in dealing with those domestic as well as international challenges. China is more likely to favor in incorporating some of the capitalistic ideas at home. Japanese as well as pacific-rim economies are likely to do fine during the month.
· Europe: Until February 10, and then Feb 23 through 28, Europe is likely to experience domestic crisis leading to social unrest as well as religious instability.
· Pakistan: The country is likely to go through a serious crisis due to internal crisis between the moderates and the religious militants, and as a result, expect a long term chaos. It would be tough for her to maintain good relationship with the USA without giving up the old fashioned ways of dealing with the crisis.
· Religion: Uranus-Jupiter ninefold square (February 23-Mar 8) will become responsible for religious tensions between the orthodox zealots and their liberal counterparts, especially in the Unites States.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Except for the first week the month looks relatively quiet from the natural or man-made calamities standpoint.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters in the northern hemisphere, and equally intensive droughts in the southern hemisphere; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.