Date Posted: March 31, 2009
One of the important planetary events for April 2009 is the transit of the modern planet Uranus from (sidereal) Aquarius to Pisces occurring on April 2. Uranus will stay in Pisces till October 12, 2009, and then with its retrograde motion returns to Aquarius and remains in Aquarius till January 20, 2010. After January 20, 2010, it will reenter Pisces and stay in Pisces for the next 7 years (2016/17).
Uranus, being the planet of change, will certainly affect the matters related to Pisces sign in a big way. Pisces is a mutable water sign. It’s a very emotional and spiritual sign ruled by the planet Jupiter. Some of the unique characteristics of Uranus include: unorthodox, skeptical, extremely independent minded, brilliant, innovative, unyielding until fully convinced, standing up for oppressed or those who can not defend themselves. As a result, Uranus’s transit through Pisces will be responsible for transforming the world in which the morality and spirituality will evolve to meet the social needs of the twenty first century. Typically Uranus, the unconventional and forceful planet, brings about the transformation in a painful manner. As a result, there will be a severe crisis in the religious world before the transformation begins. The orthodox religious leaders as well as conventional philosophers will be forced to abandon their way of thinking and accept the new norms or become extinct. The religions or the way of our living will be questioned time and again through the next 7 years to modify the existing norms.
The transit of Uranus through Pisces is particularly important for the United States as it directly influences that country in shaping her future.
Another important aspect of this transit is the terrorism. About 8 years ago (April 2001) Uranus entered in the sidereal Aquarius. Aquarius is an air sign ruled by Saturn. Among other demographic locations, Saturn rules the Middle-East. Since Uranus and Saturn do not get along well, the very entry of Uranus in Aquarius was marked by the September 11 attack on the twin towers in New York City and the Pentagon building in Washington, D.C. Now that Uranus will be leaving Aquarius and entering Pisces, there’s a good chance this transit will be marked by the capture and defeat of terrorists who attacked the United Sates. And therefore, I would not be surprised if Bin Laden is captured (dead or alive) very soon (between now and October, 2009).
For financial world this Uranus transit is very important since it will set the tone for financial recovery soon after April 2. World financial markets have likely to hit the bottom before April 2.
In scientific and technological areas expect big new ideas will find their way to manifest themselves into innovations and discoveries in fields of oceanography, medicine, biotechnology, health and fitness. New techniques of meditations will be invented. During the time when Uranus transits through Pisces, Pluto transits through Sagittarius, another spiritual sign ruled by Jupiter. Thus during next 7 years or so there will be two modern planets transiting through the spiritual signs resulting in a phenomenal growth in world spirituality. Mystic experiences will be norm than exceptions, and expansion of human awareness will certainly reach to unimaginable level. Science and spirituality will merge in a way we can never imagine, and for the first time in history the scientist will be involved in researching the origins and the source of development of subjective experiences.
The important planetary configurations for April include Mars-Saturn opposition (April 3-4), Neptune-Rahu ninefold opposition (April 4-12), Saturn-Rahu ninefold opposition (April 10-17), Neptune-Saturn ninefold conjunction (April 9-16), Uranus-Mars conjunction (April 13-15), and the auspicious Pluto-Saturn (April 1-5) and Pluto-Neptune (April 26- May 20) ninefold trines.
The Neptune-Rahu ninefold opposition will be responsible for increased covert activities, social unrest, and political crisis in Russia and China. The Saturn-Rahu ninefold opposition will manifest itself in escalating violence in the Middle-East region (Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Israel and Palestine).
The Saturn-Mars opposition will certainly make a mark of a rising tension between India and Pakistan, and also, it will be responsible for occurrences of natural (fire related) and man-made calamities.
Neptune-Saturn ninefold conjunction is not positive for Russia or China as they may experience social or political turmoil at home as well as tensions rising among them. The Uranus-Mars conjunction will likely to manifest itself in political crisis in the United States.
On a positive note, during the first week of April the Pluto-Saturn ninefold trine and during the last week of April Pluto-Neptune ninefold trine will provide the positive lift to counter balance the negative forces of the oppositions and conjunctions by transforming the world atmosphere from anxiety to more at ease.
The countries that are most likely to be affected during this month would be: Russia, China, United States, Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Palestine and Israel) and India.
- United States of America:
President Obama and his administration:
For President Obama, his operating planet Ketu, being in the twelfth house of his progressive chart and in the third house of his ninefold progressive chart, he is likely to enjoy fruits of his efforts in last couple of months. However, his another operating planet, Neptune will oppose his natal Uranus during April. As a result, he may be challenged with an international crisis that involves deception. In addition, transiting Uranus will continue appose his natal Mars through the first half of the month. Consequently, he is likely to come under pressure to deal with the ongoing financial crisis as well as international issues. However, due to the unique placing of Mars, Uranus, Rahu and Pluto in the seventh house of his natal chart he will most likely be successful in dealing with these challenges.
The transit of Uranus through Pisces will certainly be responsible for positive spiritual and morality related changes that will be occurring through next several months and years. Such transformations due to the Uranus transit in Pisces are likely to be very painful as the norms that we are accustomed to will be radically modified.
Except for the Saturn-Mars conjunction, which may become responsible for fire related accidents, the first week of April is positive for the country from the economical growth standpoint. During the second week (April 10-17) Saturn-Rahu ninefold opposition and Neptune-Saturn ninefold conjunction are not good for the republicans and republic party. There is likely to be a major shake-up in the Republic party. During the last week of the month there might be a good news coming out of Afghanistan (perhaps capture of Bin Laden). However United States might get heavily involved with Middle-East problems. Natural and manmade calamities are also likely during the last week of the month.
· Russia: The first week of the month will be positive for Russia due to auspicious ninefold Pluto-Saturn trine and ninefold Neptune-Jupiter sextile. As a result, the relationship between USA and Russia will likely to become positive and constructive from the global stability and peace standpoint. During the second period, a domestic crisis involving covert activities is likely to emerge. However, during the second half of the month, the influence of the ninefold Pluto-Neptune trine and Ketu-Mars trine will be help solve her domestic economical and political problems.
· Europe: The first week of the month is very positive for the continent with respect to its dealing with the USA and economy. NATO allies will likely to endorse President Obama’s Afghanistan strategic initiative to deal with Taliban and Al-Qaeda terrorists. Also, social unrests is likely during the same period. During the last week of the month there’s a likelihood of relationship between the United States and European Union going sour on either economical or Middle-East political issues.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: The first three weeks looks to be very positive since the friction between China and USA on political as well as economical matters will be substancially reduced. During the last week of the month the region may suffer from economical crisis or natural (or man-made) calamities.
· Middle East: The Saturn-Mars opposition, Neptune-Rahu and Saturn-Rahu ninefold oppositions, Pluto-Mars square, and Neptune-Saturn ninefold conjunction will contribute to increased violence in the Middle-East region (Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and Pakistani region) during the first half and the last week of April. During the first week the Saturn-Mars opposition will certainly make a mark of a rising tension between India and Pakistan.
· Religion: Uranus’s transit through Pisces will be responsible for transforming the world in which the morality and spirituality will evolve to meet the social needs of the twenty first century. Typically Uranus, the unconventional and forceful planet, brings about the transformation in a painful manner. As a result, there will be a severe crisis in the religious world before the transformation begins. The orthodox religious leaders as well as conventional philosophers will be forced to abandon their way of thinking and accept the new norms or become extinct. The religions or the way of our living will be questioned time and again through the next 7 years to modify the existing norms.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The natural calamities like earthquakes, severe weather conditions, natural as well as man made accidents are more likely during April 3-4, 10-17 and 22-27.
Earthquakes: Based on our earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on April 1, 7, 11, 14-16, 23, 26, and 29-30.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.