Date Posted: July 31, 2003
The world events in August will continue to be dominated by news from and about Iraq, Saddam Hussein, and guerrilla warfare between the US arm forces and the Iraqi opposition forces. Also, Israel-Palestinian peace efforts will certainly be stalled for a while in the face of a new wave of short term but intense violence. In addition, Jupiter’s square with lunar nodes and Uranus-Jupiter opposition will certainly put little damper on world economic growth as well as religious leaders around the world will find themselves on defensive in having to explain reputation-damaging allegations against them. During the middle of the month President Bush will have a very difficult time in governing the country due to either emergence of terrorist related new crisis or allegations of cover up about false intelligence on which he based his decision to go to war against Iraq.
The planetary configurations that will influence world events in August are Neptune-Uranus ninefold and Uranus-Jupiter oppositions, Neptune-Rahu quincunx, Rahu/Ketu-Jupiter, Saturn-Jupiter and Uranus-Saturn ninefold squares, Saturn-Mars, Mars-Rahu and Pluto-Mars ninefold conjunctions.
The countries that are likely to make headline news are: United States, Russia, China, North Korea, Israel, Palestine, Pakistan, and Middle eastern countries including Iraq
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
As noted last month President Bush seemed to be either misled by his advisors in handling US intelligence credibility or the false intelligence on which he made the decision to go to war against Iraq. And the growing controversy that was brewing with in the administration during last November and December is now coming to light proving the administration’s tactics of deceptions and deceits in handling the Iraq war initiative. And further the cover up of false intelligence efforts that has been carried out during July putting the administration on defensive have certainly put President Bush in a situation where, it seems, he had hard time convincing American people about the urgency of going to war against Iraq. Also, the 9/11 intelligence report that recently published by the white house had blank pages on Saudi Arabia’s alleged involvement in 9/11 attack against which Saudi Arabia has openly challenged the white house that they don’t have anything to hide. All these events clearly suggest that the month of July was dominated by “deception and deceit” as predicted last month.
Personally for President Bush, with Neptune approaching opposite his natal Mercury and Pluto he will continue to get involved in situations plagued by deceptions and deceits, and his abilities of making sound (and right) decision will likely to get hindered as a result. He must be careful in dealing with foreign as well as domestic matters during Aug 11-14, and Aug 19-21 periods. In general, August is not a favorable period for him.
At least until August 17, relationships between United States and Russia, and United States and China will continue to stay either neutral or get worse. Uranus-Jupiter direct opposition (Aug 26-Sept 2) may reflect in destruction of property due to natural or man-made calamities. Also, during the same period religious activities in the United States will come under pressure for reform.
· Russia: The relationship with USA (particularly with Bush administration) will continue to be as it has been (neutral) if not worse. For international affairs the last week of the month is not favorable for the Putin administration.
· Europe: Rahu/Ketu-Jupiter squares will adversely impact religious order in European churches. Religious laws and codes will come under pressure for reforms. Violence and terrorism during the last week of the month is likely. Other than that, relatively, month looks relatively quiet for the continent.
· China, Japan and Pacific-rim Countries: Except for the last two weeks the month looks to be alright for China. During the last week China may get tangled with international politics with undesired outcome.
· Religion: As mentioned earlier, with Uranus-Jupiter opposition occurring during Aug 26 – Sept 2, religious activities and authorities will be come under pressure from their counterparts to yield to more reforms. Particularly in the United States, religion will be at crossroads and religious faith will be tested.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Periods during which such calamities are more likely to occur are: Aug 1-3, Aug 11-14, Aug 19-22, and Aug 28- Sept 2. The violence and terrorism related activities are more likely to occur in Israel-Palestine area, India and Pakistan, and Middle-East region.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.