Date Posted: July 31, 2004
August, in general, is likely to be filled with more positive than negative global events. These events are likely to deal with religions, science, and technology, and the United States of America will be their main focus. During the first week Pluto-Jupiter square (Aug 2-11) will bring changes in religious and academic fields, and to a lesser extent to social fields. From human evolution standpoint the entire month is very positive (Uranus-Ketu trine) for scientific and technical breakthroughs, innovations, and discoveries. As a result, economic environment is likely to improve due to optimism for future. In addition the Saturn-Jupiter sextile (Aug 5-27) will be responsible for a proper balance between the over optimism and deep pessimism. In short, August may prove to be an encouraging month for hope and peace. As far as negative events are concerned the violence (Aug 1-8, 16-19) in the middle east is likely to manifest in the form of suicide bombings and terrorist acts. Although violence in Europe and USA is not very likely, a possibility of a manmade calamity in the USA towards the end of the month can not be ruled out.
The countries that are likely to make headline news are: United States, European countries, Iraq, Middle Eastern countries including Saudi-Arabia, Israel and Palestine.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
The retrograde Pluto continues to transit over the President bush’s natal Ketu (Southern lunar node) and opposing his natal Rahu (Northern lunar node) and Uranus. Therefore his post Iraq war policy and the constant violence in Iraq will continue to put him on defensive. In his ninefold progressive chart, being in the fourth house, Pluto is likely to create instability in the white house. From planetary cycles standpoint, presently he is being influenced by Saturn and Pluto cycles. The Saturn will be squaring his natal Jupiter in early part of the month, and as a result, he will be facing more domestic challenges. Also, Saturn’s progression in the seventh and eighth houses of his ninefold chart will be responsible for his difficulties in dealing with his adversaries (especially the liberal European and coalition allies) and his personal safety. He must take care of himself from safety standpoint. However, on a positive note, Mars will transit its own natal position during Aug 24 -26, providing him with a political opportunity that he would successfully be able to capitalize it.
For the country August will prove to be a very positive month from scientific and technological advances standpoint due to auspicious Uranus-Ketu trine. This trine will positively influence the nation with rapid technological progress through new inventions and discoveries. And as a result, the world economy is likely to accelerate. However, Aug 16-19 period may prove to be challenging for the country as friction with the European and middle eastern countries may rise due to some unusual event. During the same period, although unlikely, a terrorist attack in the United States cannot be ruled out.
For the Republic Party the second and the third week seem very positive. Unexpected political gains over the rival democratic party are likely. However, the first week may turn out to be a disaster for the party.
In general, democrats are likely to enjoy the month except the third week. However, John Kerry will continue to have difficulty in defining himself as a clear alternative to Bush and for some strange reason or due to unexpected event he is likely to run into a situation where he will be forced to defend himself. John Kerry is likely to lag in polls.
· Russia: During the third week of August (Aug 16-19) a friction between Putin and Bush administration is likely to take place probably due to President Bush’s unilateral stand on foreign policy issues. However, the rest of the month looks real positive for Russia and particularly for Putin administration.
· Europe: During the third week of August (Aug 16-19) friction between European allies and Bush administration may become a cause of concern. The roots of the friction may be due to President Bush’s unilateral stand on foreign policy issues. Religious crisis may develop during the first half of the month.
· Religion: Pluto-Jupiter sqaure (Aug 2-11) is likely to bring changes in religious order. Religious authorities may be forced to implement reforms as demanded by changing times and emerging pattern of unorthodox social behavior .
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The Uranus-Saturn ninefold (Aug 16-19) and Pluto-Saturn regular quincunx (Aug 1-7)and Pluto-Jupiter square (Aug 2-11) are likely to be responsible for events related to both man-made and natural calamities.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.