Date Posted: July 31, 2005
During August several important planetary configurations, both desirable and not-so-desirable, are going to shape world events. While the prominent desirable configurations include a spiritual Ketu-Jupiter conjunction (and Rahu-Jupiter opposition), auspicious Neptune-Jupiter and beneficial Neptune-Ketu trines, the undesirable events will be caused by the dangerous Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition, the fatal Uranus-Saturn and Pluto-Saturn ninefold quincunxes, and the deadly ninefold squares of Saturn with the lunar nodes. Because there are overlaps between these desirable and undesirable planetary influences there will be periods during which both good as well as unwanted events can simultaneously occur . The desirable events include positive religious and spiritual influence, reports of tremendous advances in scientific and technical fields through new innovations, discoveries, and inventions, and expansion of world economies. Violence, suicide bombings, terrorism, political friction between prominent countries due to shift in their ideologies, and natural calamities such as hurricanes, typhoons, flooding and earthquakes will be the results of manifestation of undesirable planetary influences.
The countries that are likely to make headline news are: USA, Europe (Briton, Italy, and perhaps one of the eastern European countries), Russia, China, Iraq, and Middle Eastern countries including Israel and Palestine.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
The direct opposition of Uranus with his natal Mars will certainly reflect in his domestic political challenges that president Bush will be facing at least until August 27. In addition the the quincunx aspect of Uranus with his natal Mercury will likely to manifest in a political snafu or a drastic loss of his credibility with American people. An opposition of lunar node Rahu with his natal Moon will create communication problems within the white house. A propagation of misunderstanding or covering up of lies will be other possible symptoms.
On a positive note, Pluto’s trine with his natal Venus will help him maintain his focus on his political agenda. He is likely to have his way on certain issues. Also, during the second half of the month Jupiter will transit his natal Moon practically assuring him a political victory (approval of his supreme court nominee by senate and passing of pending legislative issues or bills).
The presence of Neptune-Uranus ninefold quincunx during the entire month of August and Rahu-Jupiter opposition (Aug 14 – 22) will be responsible for continued debate on role of religion at work place and controversial morality issues—stem cells research, separation of church and government, etc., Neptune-Saturn (Aug 28 – Sept 1) and Saturn-Rahu and Ketu (Aug 28 – 31) ninefold squares and Uranus-Saturn (Aug 7-10) and Pluto-Saturn (Aug 24-28) quincunxes will be the cause for manifestation of violence, terrorism, and a distinct friction between liberals and conservatives on issues ranging from Iraq war to stem cells during the second and the last week of the month and media deception especially during the second and the last week of the month. The relationships between USA and Russia, and USA and China will continue to be challenging, and as a result, covert activities across the globe will continue to be on rise.
For the Republic party the second and the last week will certainly prove to be challenging in dealing with both domestic and international issues. In addition, a friction between top party leaders and the Bush administration due to serious disagreement on important political issues is also likely during the same period.
While the democrats are likely to enjoy at least the second and the last week of the month the party is likely to go through a serious transformation during the middle part of the month.
· Russia: Although the third week of the month is positive for Russia, sweeping political changes requiring to handle general social unrest and negative perception of the Putin administration are likely to occur during the last two weeks of the month. The relationship with the USA will continue to remain sour, and may become worse in the second half of the month. Covert activities will be on rise and media deception will be rampant during the entire month.
· Europe: In general, the second half of the month will be filled with news reflecting social and political anxieties and economic worries. During the second week friction with USA (Bush administration) is likely. During August 1-3 and August 24-31 possibilities of natural calamity, suicide bombings or violence are likely.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: The first and the last two weeks of the month are not positive for China. However, on the economic front China will continue to march with impressive growth. Friction with USA will be on rise during the last week of the month. Japanese economy is likely to grow faster than the economies of the pacific-rim regions.
· Religion: While Rahu-Jupiter opposition is going to support conservatives and hardliners during Aug 14-22, the last week of the month will be extremely trying for the religious authorities. Also, Aug 1-3 and Aug 7-10 are not so positive for religions around the world. Redefinition of norms, and modifications of procedure that does not take into account the effect of changing times will be some of the issues religions will have to face with.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The most notable period of disaster will be the last week of the month. The possible periods in August during which natural and man-made calamities are likely are: Aug 1-3, Aug 7-10, Aug 24-31. Local level and personal tragedies are more likely to occur during Aug 1-2 and Aug 25-31.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.