Date Posted: July 31, 2006
Similar to July, the month of August is likely to be equally eventful from global events perspectives. The challenging and perhaps scary planetary configurations for August are: Mars-Uranus direct opposition, Uranus-Saturn direct quincunx, Pluto-Saturn ninefold square and Saturn-Rahu ninefold opposition. However, a favorable planetary configuration for world political and economical stability will come from Uranus-Rahu ninefold trine in the early part of the month and will extend through first half of September.
Mars-Uranus (Aug 12-15) direct opposition will be responsible for rise in natural and made calamities around the world, renewed insurgency in Iraq, continued fight in Lebanon, looming nuclear threat from Iran and North Korea, and fire related incidents all around the world, especially in the United States. Pluto-Saturn ninefold square (Aug 1-5) and Uranus-Saturn (Aug 1- 6) quincunx will reflect in extended US involvement in Middle East conflict with more fatalities and continued fighting between Hezbollah and Israeli forces, and also, will reflect in natural and man-made calamities. Saturn-Rahu ninefold opposition (Aug 20-23) is not favorable for European Union (EU) and Russia. Differences on key international issues between US and EU and US and Russia are likely to intensify during this 4-day period. Also, a real possibility of terrorist activity in Europe and Russia exist during this period.
In general, Middle-East will continue to be the battlefield as the fighting continues in Iraq, Lebanon, Israel and Palestine region. And directly or indirectly US, Russia, and some European countries will likely to be significantly drawn into this conflict.
Despite the negative influence of planetary configurations as described above, interestingly, the hope for the world stability will come from Uranus-Rahu ninefold trine (Aug 4- Sept 15). In August United States is likely to be successful in influencing the world events in a more positive way. Advances in scientific research and technology will continue unabated during this month.
The countries that are likely to make headline news will be: United States, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Palestine, and North Korea, key European countries and Russia.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
Ironically the clashes in the Middle East between Israel and Hezbollah forces as well as the changing dynamics of world politics with respect to Middle East will likely to provide Bush administration an ammunition to actually provide a strong leadership by having most of US allies on its side and supporting administration’s policy of bringing peace to the region.
For president Bush, Neptune trines his natal Moon and Jupiter all through the month. This is an auspicious planetary combination. He is likely to be successful in effectively dealing with mundane day-to day activities at the White House as he is very likely to be tuned with his administration for a change. Also, there’s a good possibility of a jubilant event taking place during this month that might involve his Florida governor brother Jeb Bush.
During the first half of the month Uranus trines his natal Sun aiding him in providing successful leadership in both domestic and international matters. And even though the first week is going to be politically very turbulent for him the ninefold tenth house Mars is likely to hand him a victory in dealing with both domestic and international matters. However, the squaring of Jupiter with his natal Mercury and Pluto especially during first two weeks of the month will reflect in his continued difficulties and frustration of handling post-war Iraq matters. Overall, for president Bush and his administration, the month looks to be more positive than negative.
Since the Uranus-Rahu ninefold trine (Aug 4- Sept 15) is very positive for the country, despite Mars-Uranus direct opposition, Uranus-Saturn direct quincunx, Pluto-Saturn ninefold square and Saturn-Rahu ninefold opposition the United States will likely to enjoy a period of increased international popularity and recognition. Also, advances in scientific research and technology will reflect in news and economic expansion.
Mars-Uranus direct opposition (Aug 12-15) will be responsible for natural and man-made calamities and fire related incidents. During the same period there will be a direct political conflict between leaders of both parties. Also, a possibility of a political figure being involved in a scandal or shame can not be ruled out. Uranus-Saturn direct quincunx (Aug 1-6) will manifest in the form of political bickering between democrats and republicans as well as between conservatives and liberals. Nothing will get accomplished at the Capital Hill during the first week.
For republicans, the month doesn’t look to be that positive. The first half of the month and the last week may prove to be challenging as well as frustrating. Despite president’s popularity the party leaders continue to have problems reconciling with the administration.
For democrats, August may prove to be relatively a favorable month. Uranus-Rahu ninefold trine will manifest in increased prestige and popularity of the party. New party leaders are likely to emerge.
· Russia: The first and the third week of the month will be more challenging and eventful for the Putin administration as the possibility Russian involvement with the middle-east conflict is likely to increase during those weeks. Man-made and natural calamities will also play important part in disrupting normal life in Russia during the first week of the month.
· Europe: For Europe, the month certainly looks to be an eventful with both positive and negative news. The first week is certainly bad as the some of the European nations likely to get involved with the Middle-East conflict with no coherent strategy. However, the relationship with USA will likely to become more friendly. Pluto-Saturn ninefold square and Saturn-Rahu ninefold opposition may become responsible for a natural or manmade disaster.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: The first week will be politically very challenging as China may have to deal with a natural or man-made calamity. From economic progress standpoint the entire region will continue to make progress.
· Middle East: Violence and suicide bombings in Iraq, Afghanistan, and fighting in Lebanon, and in Palestine-Israel regions will continue through all month, especially during August 1-5, 12-15, 20-23, and 28-31 periods.
· Religion: The first week (Uranus-Saturn quincunx) will not bode well for religious activities and for religious leaders all around the world. The war in the middle-east will continue to provide fuel for religious fanatics to play on people’s emotions.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Mars-Uranus direct opposition, Uranus-Saturn direct quincunx and Pluto-Saturn ninefold square, and Saturn-Rahu ninefold opposition will be responsible for both the natural and man-made disasters during August. The notable periods are: Aug 1-6, 12-15, and 20-23.
Earthquakes: Based on our evolving earthquake prediction model, during August the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher likely to occur on August 1-6, 27, and Aug 29-31. While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.