Date Posted: July 31, 2008
The month of August begins with a weak solar eclipse (Aug 1, 10:14 GMT) and later (Aug 16, 21:18 GMT) the month will be dominated by a strong total lunar eclipse. In addition, the planetary configurations that will influence the world events in August include: Uranus-Mars opposition (Aug 4-6), Neptune-Mars quincunx (Aug 6-8), Pluto-Mars square (Aug 15-17), Pluto-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares (July 28-Aug 14), Pluto-Saturn ninefold square (Aug 7-11), Saturn-Rahu ninefold conjunction (Aug 7-10), and Uranus-Rahu ninefold sextile (Aug 1-26).
The strong total lunar eclipse occurs on August 16, approximately during the hours of 19:00 (Aug 16) to 1:00 GMT (Aug 17). This eclipse will be visible in Europe, Middle-East, Western Asia including Indian sub-continent, Africa, South America, and Eastern part of the United States and Canada. This eclipse is important since the Sun and Moon will be within 2 degrees from Ketu and Rahu respectively, and therefore will last for a long time (6 hours). The eclipse will occur with the Southern or descending node Ketu, in the sidereal zodiac sign Cancer and the ascending node Rahu in Capricorn . Consequently this eclipse, according to Vedic astrology, is likely to be unfavorable for those who have sidereal Cancer or Capricorn rising or Cancer or Capricorn as moon sign. On world scene, Europe, Western Asia, Middle-East, Africa, South America, and the United States may experience undesirable events.
Uranus-Mars opposition (Aug 4-6) may become responsible for unwanted events around the globe, especially in the United States. These unwanted events may include natural calamities. The friction between the European Union and the USA is likely to increase. Neptune-Mars quincunx (Aug 6-8) will manifest in the form of unrest in China and Russia. Pluto-Mars square (Aug 15-17), Pluto-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares (July 28-Aug 14), and Pluto-Saturn ninefold square (Aug 7-11) will be the cause for renewed violence in the Middle East, particularly in Iraq, Israel and Palestine region.
On a positive note, Uranus-Rahu ninefold sextile (Aug 1-26) will be positive from technology and scientific innovations standpoint as well as for improved economical conditions in the United States.
The countries that are most likely to be affected during the month would be: United States, Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Palestine and Israel), Europe, and China.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
President Bush’s operating and the currently dominating planet Pluto will continue transiting though the 7th house of his ninefold progressive chart through August. Towards the end of the month transiting Pluto will quincunx his natal Saturn-his other operating planet. As a result, he will be forced to deal with new international challenges as well as new post war Iraq crisis. How successful he would be in dealing with these crisis? Well, according to the influence of Pluto and Saturn—not much. His ability to govern the country will continue its slide, and that will be reflected in his frustration in dealing with the representatives of congress (both republicans and democrats) as well as with his own administration. Also, around the middle of the month (Aug 15-20) the transiting Saturn will conjunct his natal Mars. And it’s like adding fuel to fire. During those potentially explosive days in August he needs to be extremely careful in dealing with all political matters.
On a positive note, the transiting Rahu trines his natal Jupiter and Moon. This auspicious planetary configuration may help him seek timely and precious advice from his advisors to deal with political matters.
Finally during the first week of August the transiting Mercury (one of the important operating planets) will conjunct his natal Pluto, Mercury, and the ascendant. This may prove to be the most important week of the year for him.
Uranus-Mars opposition (Aug 4-6) may become responsible for outbreak of an unwanted social or political crisis. The democratic party may come under political pressure during this period.
The Pluto-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares (July 28 – Aug 14) will manifest in the form of anxiety-filled atmosphere. This may include natural and man-made calamities, dirty presidential politics, and economical crisis.
Neptune-Mars quincunx (Aug 6-8) is not good for dealing with both Russia and China during this 3 days in August. Also, it’s not a good period for the Bush administration and the republican party. The media reporting will be clouded with deceptions.
The ninefold Uranus-Rahu sextile (Aug 1-26) is very auspicious and positive for new inventions and scientific discoveries and technological advances. New technological breakthroughs in fields of medicine, biotechnology, high technology, and space science will dominate the news.
· Russia: Except for the first week of August (Aug 6-8) the month seems to be positive for Russia. The Neptune-Mars quincunx will be responsible for unwanted political or social crisis and perhaps for a natural calamity.
· Europe: The first half of the month is not positive for the continent. Increased tension between the USA and the European Union on trade and international political issues will likely be the result of the manifestation of Pluto-Rahu/Ketu and Pluto-Saturn ninefold squares. In addition during the same period, natural and man-made calamities are likely.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: For China, there might be some sort of unexpected crisis just before the opening ceremony of the Olympic games. But as the month wears on (especially after the first half) China will be successful in handling international political issues as well as improved her standing in the international politics. For Japan and Pacific-rim countries, the month looks to be reasonably positive from economical progress standpoint.
· Middle East: The first half of the month is likely to filled with unrest and violence in Middle-East (Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and Pakistan region) as Pluto-Rahu/Ketu and Saturn-Pluto ninefold squares influence the region. Around the lunar eclipse (Aug 16) an occurrence of a tragic event (for example a death of a prominent leader) is very likely.
· Religion: The positive influence of Neptune-Jupiter ninefold conjunction during the lat week of the month will be reflected in productive religious activities across the globe.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The notable dates for calamities around the world are likely to be: August 1-17, and 28-31.
Earthquakes: Based on our earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on August 2, 5-6, 9, 16-17, 20-21 and 23. While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.