Date Posted: July 31, 2009
The month of August is likely to see a lot of events that deal with world politics, regional politics, man-made and natural calamities, swings in world financial markets, and world religions. The important challenging planetary configurations that will be responsible for such events in August are: Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition (Aug 12-16), Pluto-Mars opposition (Aug 24-26), Uranus-Rahu (July 26- Aug 20) ninefold and Saturn-Jupiter (Aug 15-22) regular quincunxes, Saturn-Mars (Aug 8-11) and Uranus-Mars (Aug 17-19) regular squares and Saturn-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares. The auspicious planetary configurations include Uranus-Saturn (Aug 1-4) and Neptune-Rahu (Aug 22 – Sept 14) ninefold trines and Neptune-Saturn (Aug 19-23) and Saturn-Rahu (Aug 21-24) ninefold sextiles.
The Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition, Pluto-Mars opposition, and Uranus-Rahu ninefold quincunx will be responsible for instability in Middle East (Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Israel and Palestine), internal friction in Iran, more violence in Afghanistan and Iraq. Saturn-Jupiter quincunx will be the cause for religion based friction (that could include violence) around the world.
While Saturn-Mars square may manifest itself in a renewed friction between India and Pakistan, the Uranus-Mars square will be responsible for natural and possibly man-made calamities in the United States. The Saturn-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares will certainly be the cause for the new political and perhaps financial crisis in Europe, Russia, and China. And these crisis may have potential to further escalate to a global level crisis.
On the positive note, Uranus-Saturn and Neptune-Rahu ninefold trines will be positive for economical growth and increased optimism for future all around the world. And Neptune-Saturn and Saturn-Rahu ninefold sextiles will be responsible for transformation of existing religious conditions to a new level of religious awakening that emphasizes more of human compassion.
The countries that are most likely to be affected during this month would be: United States, Europe, Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Palestine and Israel), Russia and China.
- United States of America:
President Obama and his administration:
For President Obama, his operating planet Ketu continues to be in the twelfth house of his progressive chart and in the first house of his ninefold progressive chart during August. As a result, he is likely to face more political challenges (both international and domestic). Also, the sixth house Jupiter in his progressive chart, and the second and the first house Jupiter in his ninefold progressive chart may not be able to provide him with the energy required to successfully face the political challenges. He will be lucky even if he gets his health care reform bill passed in the house before the end of the month. However, the transiting Uranus’s sextile aspect with his natal Saturn will likely to help him with his bi-partisan efforts in pursuing more republicans as well as moderate democrats in accepting his proposals.
During the last two weeks of the month his natal Saturn will conjunct his natal Mars; and therefore, during that period either he will be directly and more boldly confronting with his adversaries or he will be heavily involved in dealing with ongoing Afghanistan taliban insurgency.
During the first two weeks of the month, the Saturn-Rahu/Ketu ninefold square and Saturn-Mars square will be responsible for increased fragmentation among republicans further causing the stagnancy and failure in making any progress in the both houses of congress. The third week of the month (Uranus-Mars square) is not good for the democrats as well as for the country due to the emergence of a new political or social crisis situation causing a temporary chaos.
· Russia: Due to ninefold square of Saturn with the lunar nodes, during the first week of the month, the government is likely to face a new domestic crisis requiring it to deal with urgency. In addition, the Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition will manifest itself in the form of an economical crisis or a natural or man-made calamity during the third week of August. On the positive note, the Neptune-Rahu ninefold trine is likely to provide the government with the positive energy to deal with the political and economical challenges during the last week of the month.
· Europe: The first week of the month is very politically and economically challenging for the continent due to the ninefold Saturn-Rahu/Ketu squares. It will also be responsible for natural and man-made calamities. In addition, Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition will likely to cause political and social instability during the third week of the month. Saturn-Jupiter quincunx will cause religious leaders to back off from their current stand to accommodate new norms of morality in accordance to the ongoing social and spiritual evolution.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: Except the first two weeks, the month looks to be reasonably favorable for China, Japan, and other countries in the region from economical progress standpoint. During the first two weeks likelihood of natural or man-made calamities is very high.
· Middle East: The Saturn-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares, Saturn-Mars regular square, Uranus-Rahu ninefold quincunx, Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition, and Pluto-Mars opposition will contribute to increased violence in the Middle-East region (Iran, Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and Pakistani region). During the second week, the friction between Pakistan and India is likely to increase. During the third week, USA is likely get more involved with region’s politics. From religion standpoint, the third week is certainly not positive for the region, especially for Iran where the religious leader will come under severe pressure from the opposition forces to change his current political stand and policies to accommodate the moderates.
· Religion: The Saturn-Jupiter quincunx will put pressure on religious authorities to change the way they deal with people. They may be forced to relax some of their strict orthodox practices to include the new norms of morality and ethics to reflect the ongoing spiritual evolution.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The natural calamities like wildfires, air crashes, severe weather conditions, as well as man made accidents are more likely to occur on August 1-4, 8-11, 17-19, and during 21-26.
Earthquakes: Based on our earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on August 1, 3, 7-8, 17-18, 24, and 27. While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.