Date Posted: November 30, 2008
On December 8, Jupiter leaves (sidereal) Sagittarius and enters the next zodiac sign, Capricorn. Jupiter’s transit from one zodiac sign to the next occurs, on average, once a year. Capricorn being a cardinal and earth sign ruled by Saturn, Jupiter in Capricorn has a tendency to enhance material prosperity of those who have well placed and well connected Saturn and Jupiter in their birth charts while others likely to experience their prosperity diminish. In general, transit of Jupiter in Capricorn is positive. For one thing, material prosperity around the world is likely to be expand. (It must be noted that despite Jupiter’s positive influence on world material prosperity, influence of other planets should be taken into consideration to assess the net effect). In addition, during this year the influence of contemporary philosophers on society will shape the future direction of our social evolution through the philosophical and metaphysical debates. In general, the Capricorn Jupiter is known to be responsible for world economic expansion. So from that perspective expect some positive economic changes during this period and welcome the Jupiter’s entry in Capricorn.
The important and undesirable planetary configurations for December include: Neptune-Saturn quincunx (Dec 1 – Jan 8), Uranus-Mars (Dec 10-12) and Saturn-Mars (Dec 14-15) squares, Saturn-Rahu ninefold opposition (Dec 15-23), and Pluto-Mars conjunction (Dec 26-28). However, the auspicious configuration of Neptune-Uranus ninefold trine (Dec 1 – Feb 5) will provide the positive energy to counter the negative influences of the conjunction, squares, quincunx, and oppositions as stated above.
Neptune-Saturn quincunx may become responsible for political and social crisis in Russia and China. However due to secretive nature of both the Neptune and Saturn such crisis may be kept from reaching the public domain. The direct squares of Mars with Uranus and Saturn will manifest themselves in economical, political as well as social crisis in the United States. Also, military personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan will likely to suddenly become busy in dealing with new challenges. The Pluto-Mars conjunction will become responsible for increased violence in the Middle-East and Pakistani region.
On a positive note, Neptune-Uranus ninefold trine may prove to be good for financial markets and economies around the world, and very auspicious for technological breakthroughs in the fields of medicine, biotechnology, high technology and space science.
The countries that are most likely to be affected during this month would be: Russia, China, United States and Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Palestine and Israel).
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
President Bush’s operating and the currently dominating planet Pluto will be transiting though the 7th house until December 9 and then through the 8th house of his ninefold progressive chart. As a result, he will continue maintaining his below par performance in governing the country. As it has been, his ability to deal with domestic and international matters will continue its slide, and it will be reflected in his failures in dealing with world financial crisis, international and post Iraq war matters. In addition, during the entire month of December, the transiting Uranus will square his natal Uranus and the lunar nodes, and the ninefold Uranus will transit through the 7th house of his ninefold progressive chart. Consequently, he will continue to have disagreements with his cabinet members and close advisors on many issues.
The middle part (Dec 9 – 17) of the month will be chaotic for the country from the economic and political events standpoint. Natural and manmade calamities are also likely during the same time. However, the Neptune-Uranus ninefold trine will be responsible for new inventions, scientific discoveries and technological advances. Technological breakthroughs in fields of medicine, biotechnology, high technology, and space science will continue to make the headline news.
For the President-elect Obama, although he will not be in charge until January 20, 2009 after December 8 he is likely get thrust into a new crisis situation for which he has no control on. Despite initial struggle and seeming failure he is likely to succeed in getting the crisis under control soon after January 20.
· Russia: Neptune-Saturn quincunx will keep Russia on defensive during December in international matters. In addition, the ninefold squares of Neptune with the lunar nodes will bring new challenges that the Russian politicians must face. Overall it’s not a good month for Russia. On a positive note, the ninefold Neptune-Uranus trine will be reflected in a slightly better relationship with the USA.
· Europe: The middle part of the month may prove to be real challenging for the continent. Economic and political instability and social unrests are some of the symptoms that continent is likely to experience during that period.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: Neptune-Saturn quincunx will be responsible for economic and political instability in China during the entire month of December. For Japan and Pacific-rim countries, the month looks to be reasonably positive from economical progress standpoint.
· Middle East: The Saturn-Mars square and the Pluto-Mars conjunction means likelihood of more violence in the Middle-East region (Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and Pakistani region). The United States may have hard time dealing with Iran and Iraq. December 9-17 and December 25-31 periods will be filled with both manmade and natural calamities.
· Religion: The last week of the month will be positive for religious leaders and authorities all around the world to promote their activities and spreading their messages.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The notable dates for calamities around the world are likely to be: December 10-17 and 26-31.
Earthquakes: Based on our earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on December 3, 16-17 and 21-24.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.