Date Posted: November 30, 2011
A total lunar eclipse occurs on December 10, approximately during the hours of 12:00 to 16:00 GMT. This eclipse will be visible in the Eastern region of Asia (China, Japan, Pacific-rim-countries), Australia, Hawaii and Pacific islands.
This eclipse is important since the Sun and Moon will be within 4 degrees from Ketu and Rahu respectively, and therefore will last for a long time (4 hours). The eclipse will occur with the Southern or descending node Ketu, in the sidereal zodiac sign Taurus and the ascending node Rahu in Scorpio. Consequently this eclipse, according to Vedic astrology, is likely to be unfavorable for those who have sidereal Taurus or Scorpio rising or moon sign.
For those who have the lunar nodes in conjunction with either Sun or Moon in their natal charts, should watch-out. It’s not a good day! Take extra precaution and avoid any sort of outdoor activity requiring you to get out of the house.
On world scene, China, Japan, Pacific-rim-countries, Australia and Pacific island region including Hawaii, may get affected with undesirable events.
The important challenging planetary configurations for December include Squares of Mars with the lunar nodes Rahu and Ketu (Dec 9 -13), Pluto-Saturn (Dec 4-15) ninefold square and Pluto-Rahu (Dec 17-23) ninefold quincunx.
The auspicious planetary configurations for December are: Uranus-Rahu (Dec 7-18) and Saturn-Ketu (Dec 14-18) ninefold trines and Neptune-Saturn (Dec 22 – Feb 2) trine; Uranus-Saturn (Dec 15-23) and Pluto-Jupiter (Dec 18 – Jan 23) ninefold sextiles.
The Mars-Rahu and Mars-Ketu squares may become responsible for increased covert activities, and political and social unrest in Russia or China. In the United State, for the Republic Party and republicans, it may prove to be prudent to stay on guard during this period.
The manifestation of Pluto-Saturn ninefold square may be reflected in social unrest and political turmoil in Russia and economical crisis in China. The Pluto-Rahu ninefold quincunx may become responsible for new waves of violence in the Palestine-Israel, North Africa and in Afghanistan-Pakistan regions.
The manifestation of Neptune-Saturn trine will be reflected in positive period for Russia and China. Also, most of the technological areas are likely to make significant progress via inventions and discoveries. Spiritual and religious activities are likely to impart positive energy and create a very healthy atmosphere around us.
The Uranus-Rahu and Saturn-Ketu ninefold trines and Uranus-Saturn ninefold sextiles may become responsible for much needed economical growth in the United States.
The countries that are more likely to be affected during this month will be: United States of America, European countries, Russia, China, and Middle-East (Libya, Syria, Saudi-Arabia, Yemen, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and Palestine-Israel region).
- United States of America:
President Obama and his administration:
President Obama’s operating planet Neptune has been opposing his natal Rahu since mid-July and will continue opposing his natal Rahu till January 20, 2012. With Neptune in the seventh house of his progressive chart, it has been a very challenging and deceptive environment around him, making it difficult for him to deal with the current pressing issues: the economy, international dealings, and deficit. The Neptune in the fourth house of his ninefold progressive chart will force him to deal with the domestic issues, such as homeland security and immigration. Furthermore, the ninefold Saturn will conjunct the ninefold Neptune in the fourth house making it extremely challenging for him to deal with domestic political issues during the second half of December. However, with Jupiter in Aries, the 9th house (11th from the eleventh) of his progressive chart and in the 11th house of his ninefold progressive chart, and Pluto’s trine with his natal Pluto, he will continue to surely inch towards success in leading the country to progress.
The influence of Uranus-Rahu ninefold trine and Neptune-Saturn trine will be reflected in technological and economical growth. On a short term basis, there’s likelihood that the Democrats and Republican will agree on at least few items to pass some important bills in Congress. The Pluto-Saturn ninefold square is not positive for the Republican party during the first two weeks of the month, and that might be reflected in friction between the GOP presidential hopefuls. During the second week of the month natural accidents and man-made calamities are likely. The influence of Neptune-Saturn ninefold sextile will be responsible for technological and economical growth.
· Russia: The first half of the month (Pluto-Saturn ninefold square) may prove to be challenging for Russia from political perspective, and it will be reflected in a new political crisis. However, the other half of the month looks to be favorable from economic growth and political stability standpoint.
· Europe: Except for the first two weeks of the month (Dec 4-15), the entire month looks to be positive for Europe from the economical growth and stability standpoint. During the first half of the month, covert activities, political unrest and occurrences of natural or man-made calamities maybe on rise, and the deception will continue to play an important part in European economical crisis; and perhaps it will be reflected in continued economical pressure on Greece, Italy and Spain. The euro (currency) will come under tremendous pressure.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: For China, the first fifteen days of the month may prove to be challenging from the political and economical standpoint. But then the rest of the month looks to be very positive for the entire region from the economical growth standpoint.
· Middle East: The Pluto-Rahu ninefold quincunx, Mars-Rahu/Ketu squares, and Pluto-Saturn ninefold square may become responsible for violence and unrest in Middle East during the first three weeks of the month.
· Religion: The auspicious influence of the Pluto-Jupiter ninefold sextile and the Neptune-Saturn trine during the last two weeks of the month will be reflected in positive religious activities all around the world. The human evolution and spirituality will also be the topic of discussions and people are likely to feel both spiritually and materially happy.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The natural calamities like extreme weather conditions, wildfires, hurricanes, heavy rains, air crashes as well as man made accidents are more likely to occur on December 4-13 and 17-23.
Earthquakes: Based on the new earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on December 2-6, 8, 11, 19, 26 and 29.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.