Date Posted: January 31, 2003
The month of February is likely to bring more violence and terrorism than normal in the Middle-East region, particularly during February14-22 period. If war with Iraq breaks out in February it will most likely be during February 14-22 period. However, on a positive note, Neptune-Jupiter direct opposition will be responsible for optimism for a renewed diplomatic effort to seek solution to the existing conflict. The same Neptune-Jupiter opposition is good for religion as it will force the religious world to look for better ways to deal with current issues (including morality) requiring to abandon the old ways of doing things.
The planetary configurations that will influence events in February are: Neptune-Jupiter and Mars-Saturn ninefold and direct oppositions, Uranus-Rahu and Pluto-Saturn ninefold quincunxes, Saturn-Jupiter and Jupiter-Pluto ninefold squares, and Neptune-Ketu, Rahu-Jupiter ninefold trines, Neptune-Rahu sextiles, and Pluto-Mars direct conjunction.
The countries that are likely to make headline news are: United States, western European countries, Russia, Israel and Palestine, Iraq, China and Korea.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration: As predicted last month, the relationship between Russia and Bush administration will continue to stay strained. For President Bush, January was not an easy month (as deceptive Neptune transits opposite his natal Mercury and Pluto in the first house. Also, the ninefold Uranus entered his ninefold ascendant on January 19 while ninefold Neptune entered in the eighth house of his ninefold chart on January 23) in dealing with United Nation’s security council and to promote his agenda of a possible preemptive war with Iraq to remove Saddam Hussein’s regime. Following is a summary of predictions made about Bush administration and Iraq in last few months:
Predictions made on August 31 for September 2002: “President Bush is likely to announce his plans to dethrone Saddam Hussein in Iraq during the last week (Sept 24 onwards) of the month. However, he must be careful in dealing with his allies, and based on his current progressive chart, I think he is very likely to abandon his idea of taking Saddam Hussein’s regime out sometimes in October or November. If not, he is destined to face a very challenging and frustrating fall and possibly winter with a failed mission.”
Predictions made on September 30 for October 2002: “The relationship between Russia and USA (particularly Bush administration) is likely to become more strained, and as a result, President Bush will find himself frustrated in carrying out his crusade of dethroning of Saddam Hussein’s regime in Iraq. President Bush and his administration must be careful in dealing with his allies, and based on his progressive chart, he is likely to face an uphill battle both at home (Republicans) and abroad (allies) in convincing them the need for overthrowing the Saddam Hussein’s regime, and subsequently may be forced to abandon his idea of taking Saddam Hussein’s regime out sometimes in October or November. If not, he is destined to face a very challenging and frustrating fall and possibly winter with a failed mission.”
Based on President Bush’s current planetary transits, he will be frustrated and consumed in facing his adversaries during February as Saturn stays anchored in his seventh house. In addition, his ninefold Uranus will be in the first house of his ninefold chart, and that Uranus will cause him a lot of stress and agony in dealing with situation that might demand to let his ego go. To top it all, Mars will be transiting through the first house of his ninefold chart making him extremely hard to remain patience and prudent. As a result, in addition to his declining popularity both home and abroad and diminishing support from his allies for going to war with Iraq, he very well may find himself in a situation to fire some of his key cabinet members during this and the next month to look for a way to exit gracefully. If he goes ahead with war he will be in for a long and frustrating spring with a very little success.
· Russia: While retrograde Saturn will continue to create more challenges for Putin administration in dealing with his existing domestic problems, the Neptune-Jupiter opposition will provide him the needed optimism to push for his domestic agenda with resounding success. The relationship with USA (particularly with Bush administration) will continue to stay strained. The second and the third week of February are very positive for the entire country.
· Europe: The Mars-Saturn opposition during the third week of February (February 19-22) is not good for the continent. An outbreak of social crisis or some sort of natural or man-made calamity is strongly indicated by the Mars-Saturn opposition. Relationship with USA will remain sour.
· China, Japan and Pacific-rim Countries: February is going to be a positive month for the region as a whole. Chinese government will earn international prestige while Japan and Pacific-rim regions are likely to experience positive economical growth.
· Religion: The second and the third week will turn out to be very positive for most of the religions around the world. The last week of the month, however, is not good for religions, especially in the United States. Religious authorities will come under severe public criticism for the issues that separate rights from wrongs and the way they aught to deal with them.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: While Mars-Saturn and Mars-Pluto squares are most likely to create disturbance either in the form of a terrorism, or perhaps a social crisis, the balancing Neptune-Jupiter opposition will provide positive energy to counter-act the negative energy caused by these squares. In general, during February 14-22 the natural and man-made calamities are most likely.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.