Date Posted: February 4, 2004
The major planetary configurations that will be responsible for global events in February are: auspicious Rahu-Jupiter (Feb 14 – Mar 11) trine and Uranus-Ketu (Feb 8 -13) ninefold trine, deadly Pluto-Uranus (Jan 11 – Feb 8) and Saturn-Jupiter (Jan 8 – Feb 12) ninefold squares that have been negatively influencing global events since Jan 11 in the form of violence and suicidal bombings, and Neptune-Rahu/Ketu (Feb 26 – Mar 19) secretive squares. While the squares will continue to manifest themselves in challenges of counteracting violence and terrorism, dealing with covert activities, and manmade and natural calamities, the auspicious trines will be responsible to maintain economical and social progress all around the world. Secret activities all around the world are likely to accelerate towards the end of February including political covert activities in Europe. Also, during the same period (Feb 26 – Mar 19) Al-Qaida activities might be on rise, and social confusion and chaos in countries like Russia and China is very probable.
In general, while the first week will continue to be under the influence of Pluto-Uranus and Saturn-Jupiter squares manifesting into violence and terrorism related activities the second and the third week of February look to be positive. The last week may bring some unwanted surprises to some key global political leaders, and of course, events of more violence and bombings in Iraq, Palestine and Israel area will continue.
The countries that are likely to make headline news are: United States, Iraq, Middle Eastern countries including Israel and Palestine, Russia and China.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
In February President Bush is going to be challenged by the retrograde Saturn square to his natal Neptune. As a result, to win their approval he will have to resort to deceptive tactics of repositioning himself before American people directly contradicting to his earlier stand on both domestic and foreign policy (WMD) matters. Would he be successful in doing so? It all depends on how he handles this square. In my opinion, he will have difficult and frustrating time in overcoming this challenge (as he is more likely to remain stubborn and reluctant to let his ego go), and therefore, he is more likely to take a frustrating path of digging his own grave than escape from the mess he has created. From health standpoint, he may experience knee or foot problem.
For the country in general, the second and the third week are very positive from economic expansion and technological advances standpoint.
Although the democratic party in general is likely to remain in confusion till Feb 8 it will have found its footing and direction by February 13 or so. As mentioned here last month, at a subtle level, there has been a significant shift in people’s perception about country’s future. While (until Feb 12) republic party is likely to remain under the deceptive influence of Bush administration the last week of the month will turn out to be very favorable for the party.
· Russia: Almost the entire month seems positive for the country, especially for the Putin administration. However, towards the end of the month the political challenges and social uprising are likely.
· Europe: Until Feb 12, Saturn-Jupiter square is likely to leave its mark with respect to religious activities in Europe. The last week of the month seems favorable for the continent from social as well as economic progress standpoint.
· Religion: Until Feb 12, Saturn-Jupiter ninefold square will create new challenges and controversies that religious authorities must face and come up with new solutions. After Feb 14 expect some positive developments in religious world.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: As stated last month the period of Jan 11 through Feb 12 will likely to filled with events related to both man-made and natural calamities. During Feb 13 – 21 there might be occurrences of events that deal with natural and man-made disasters.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.