Date Posted: January 31, 2007
In the first half of February Mars-Uranus (Feb 2-5), Mars-Rahu (Feb 7-11), and Pluto-Saturn (Feb 8-13) ninefold sextiles will be responsible for advances in sciences and technology, world economic expansion, and generally peace around the world. In the second half of the month, however, squaring of Jupiter with lunar nodes (February 16-26) and Neptune-Saturn opposition will likely to manifest in a chaotic and undesirable event(s) in the form of either sudden and unexpected calamities (both man-made and natural) or terrorist activities that include suicide bombings and deadly attacks, especially in the Middle-East region. Oil prices will likely to become volatile during the second half of the month. The religious fanatics may regain control over in Iraq; and religious leaders around the world will come under severe pressure.
The other planetary configurations for February include Pluto-Rahu ninefold conjunction (Feb 1-4) and Neptune-Rahu ninefold trine (Feb 21-27). The Pluto-Rahu conjunction favors terrorism and chaos, and therefore will be responsible for political instability; Neptune-Rahu ninefold trine, on the other hand, is likely to manifest in successful diplomatic endeavors in containing the threat of nuclear proliferation in Iran and North Korea. Neptune-Rahu ninefold trine also favors political stability and economic growth for Russia and China.
The countries that are likely to make headline news will be: Russia, China, United States, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Afghanistan, Israel and Palestine.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
Pluto quincunxes his natal Saturn in February, therefore, if President Bush fails to be careful with people surrounding him he will be in for a nasty surprise. Mars being an influencing operating planet in the second house of his ninefold progressive chart (until February 18) he will continue to be frustrated and angry with member of his cabinets and family members more openly. In addition, Rahu’s quincunx with his natal Moon will make him anxiety-driven, and very vulnerable to political issues that he feels very strong about. As a result, he is either going to remain stubborn or likely to make wrong choices. His public persona will continue to be mired in low numbers.
On a positive note, his Neptune trines with his natal Jupiter. This auspicious aspect will certainly keep him from making extreme decisions and mistakes, and he is likely to regain some his political prestige in international community.
Uranus-Mars and Uranus-Jupiter sextiles are certainly going to be favorable for the country from prosperity, technological advances, and religious progress standpoint. However, Neptune-Saturn opposition will be responsible for a continued challenge in dealing with Russia and to some extent China.
Jupiter-Rahu/Ketu squares will manifest in man-made or natural calamities and may reflect in serious social debates on morality based issues.
Democrats and Republicans will be at each other’s throat during the second half of the month. The two weeks of the month may prove to be politically disastrous for republicans.
· Russia: In general, the second half of the month is not positive for the country when it comes to dealing with the USA. However, the first half of the month looks to be positive for Putin administration to carry out its domestic agenda. Man-made and natural calamities, and rise in covert activities are likely during the last two weeks of the month.
· Europe: The first half of the month is favorable for the continent. During the second half, unwanted religion based or politically motivated events are likely to occur. These may become responsible for anxieties and worries. Religion related incidents that provoke the belief system, and also, natural and man-made calamities are likely during the second half of the month.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: Except for the last two weeks, the entire month will be positive for China. For Japan and pacific-rim-countries, the economical growth will be strong.
· Middle East: Violence and suicide bombings in Iraq and Palestine-Israel regions may taper off in the first half of the month before it resumes again during the second half. Neptune-Saturn opposition may become responsible for high volatility in oil prices due to disruption in supplies. The notable dates for violence related activities are: February 1-4, 20-28.
· Religion: Overall during the second half of the month the religious activities all around the world are likely to become more provoking than normal. The religious atmosphere is likely to get tarnished with violence and unrest.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Mars-Saturn quincunx and Neptune-Saturn opposition will be responsible for both the natural and man-made disasters during February. The likely notable dates are: February 1-4, 13-28.
Earthquakes: Based on earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher are likely to occur on February 1-2, 20-22, 23-25. While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires