Date Posted: January 31, 2009
The notable planetary configuration for February are: Uranus-Saturn opposition (Jan 26 – Feb 13), Rahu-Mars conjunction (Feb 13-15), Pluto-Saturn ninefold quincunx (Feb 19-25), Saturn-Mars ninefold quincunx (Feb 27-28) and the auspicious Neptune-Uranus ninefold trine (Dec 1 – Feb 5).
The Uranus-Saturn opposition lies along the sidereal Leo-Aquarius axis. The Leo-Aquarius axis for both the Uranus and Saturn is very strong and intense since Saturn occupies the challenging sign Leo. The manifestation of this opposition during January 26 – February 13 is likely to result in another round of challenges of economical downturn, volatile oil prices, increased violence in the Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Israel and Palestine), political challenges for the US president Barack Obama as well as for US lawmakers. At a subtle level, the people’s perception of life and life philosophies will go through a painful transformation as demanded by this forceful Saturn-Uranus opposition.
The Pluto-Saturn ninefold quincunx will manifest itself in increased violence in the Middle-East, especially in Israeli-Palestine and Afghanistan-Pakistan region. And the Rahu-Mars ninefold conjunction will be responsible for natural and man-made calamities, escalation of violence in the Middle-East as well as for financial instability around the world.
Towards the end of the month, Mars-Saturn quincunx may become responsible for a short term but very intensive friction between India and Pakistan. Also, during the same time, an outbreak of an unwanted event, and strong occurrences of both natural and man-made calamities all around the world are real possibilities.
On a positive note, Neptune-Uranus ninefold trine is very auspicious for technological breakthroughs in the fields of medicine, biotechnology, high technology and space science.
The countries that are most likely to be affected during this month would be: United States, Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Palestine and Israel) and European countries and India.
- United States of America:
President Obama and his administration:
For President Obama, until February 9, Pluto is his operating planet. Pluto being in the fifth house of his progressive chart and in the eleventh house of his ninefold progressive chart it should help him in carrying out his agenda with reasonable success. However, after February 9 till the end of the month, Saturn, Mars and Jupiter strongly influence him as they become his operating planets. And Saturn-Uranus intense opposition which runs through February 14 is likely to manifest itself in a crisis situation that Obama must face. It can be an international crisis involving Russia or Middle-East, or a domestic crisis such as economy with possible hiccups with the anticipated stimulus package. Also, the squaring of lunar nodes with Neptune may become responsible for misunderstanding between him and his cabinet members. However, in my opinion, due to the unique placing of Mars, Uranus, Rahu and Pluto in the seventh house of his natal chart he will be ultimately successful in dealing with these challenges.
The first half of the month will likely to be chaotic for the country from the economic and political events standpoint due to the influence of the Uranus-Saturn opposition. Natural and manmade calamities are also likely during the same time. However, the Neptune-Uranus ninefold trine will be responsible for new inventions, scientific discoveries and technological advances. Technological breakthroughs in fields of medicine, biotechnology, high technology, and space science will continue to make the headline news. The first week of the month is an extraordinary time for collective spiritual growth, technological discoveries and inventions. For the United States, in general, it’s going to be a remarkable and very successful period.
· Russia: The Saturn-Uranus opposition (Jan 26-Feb 13) will manifest itself in a skirmish between the United States and the Russia. At home, Russia is likely to face new domestic crisis. However, during the first week of February, the influence of the ninefold Neptune-Uranus trine will be reflected in an improved relationship with the USA in science and technology area.
· Europe: The first half of the month may prove to be real challenging for the continent with respect to its dealing with the USA. Also, economic instability and social unrests are some of the symptoms that continent is likely to experience during that period.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: The Saturn-Uranus opposition is likely to be reflected in domestic crisis in China. Pluto-Saturn ninefold quincunx (Feb 19-25) will be responsible for economic and political instability in China during the third week of February. For Japan and Pacific-rim countries, the month looks to be positive from economical progress standpoint.
· Middle East: The Pluto-Saturn ninefold quincunx and the Uranus-Saturn opposition will contribute to increased violence in the Middle-East region (Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and Pakistani region). The United States is likely to face new crisis in the region especially during the first two weeks of the month.
· Religion: Rahu-Jupiter conjunction may become responsible in slowing down social progress, humanitarian efforts, and charity work. The morality, in general, is likely to take a backseat. As a result, the world religious leaders will have difficult time in dealing with people due to their credibility problems, especially during the second week of the month.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The natural calamities like earthquakes, severe weather conditions, natural as well as man made accidents are more likely during February 1-15 and 19-28.
Earthquakes: Based on our earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on February 6-7, 10, 12-17 and 27-28. While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.