Date Posted: January 31, 2012
From the planetary influence standpoint, one of the major events of early 2012 is the retrograde Mars which on average occurs once every two years. On January 24, Mars became retrograde in the sidereal zodiac sign Leo, and will stay retrograde in Leo till April 24. After becoming direct on April 14, it will stay in Leo until June 21. Astrologically speaking, what does the retrograde Mars mean? And what can we expect from the retrograde Mars?
In general, when a planet turns retrograde, the positive energy offered by that planet is expected to slowly diminish. In case of Mars, being a planet of total independence, high ego and less maturity usually make things worse when retrograde with incredible speed.
For those who have predominant Mars in their birth chart and if it’s influencing them through their current progressive chart, then they are very likely to experience a sudden setback in their professional as well as in other activities. They may have to repeat things over many times to get it right, or they may have to deal with unfortunate and totally unexpected circumstances, and in general, they may end up in having a very frustrating experience. In particular, politicians, social leaders, community organizers, construction workers, people who work in military, and managers are likely to be more affected by this retrograde Mars than others.
At a collective level, expect a political tension rising among developed nations. Destruction of wealth due to natural calamities or man made accidents are also likely. Other possibilities include a sudden rise in terrorist activities, escalation in a warlike climate between Israelis and Palestinians, and of course increased covert activities among developed nations.
The important challenging planetary configurations for February include Saturn-Jupiter (Jan 30 – Feb 4) ninefold quincunx, Pluto-Saturn (Feb 23 – March 4) ninefold square, and Neptune-Rahu (Feb 13-20) ninefold conjunction.
The Saturn-Jupiter ninefold quincunx may become responsible for challenges that the world religious leaders might be facing with respect to their objectives and people’s expectations. The manifestation of Pluto-Saturn ninefold square may be reflected in terrorist activities in the volatile region of the Middle-East (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Israel and Palestine) and North African region.
The Neptune-Rahu ninefold conjunction may become the cause for economic turmoil in Russia and China. Eastern European countries are also likely to be negatively influenced by this planetary configuration. Covert activities around the world may find a new momentum (but because of Neptune’s secretive character we may never know) with regard to terrorism and other international conflicts.
The auspicious planetary configurations for February are: Neptune-Saturn (Dec 22 – Feb 14) trine, Uranus-Saturn (Feb 16-24) and Uranus-Rahu (Feb 23-28) ninefold sextiles.
The manifestation of Neptune-Saturn trine will be reflected in positive period for Russia and China. Also, most of the technological areas are likely to make significant progress via inventions and discoveries. Spiritual and religious activities are likely to impart positive energy and create a very healthy atmosphere around us.
The Uranus-Saturn and Uranus-Rahu ninefold sextiles will be responsible for expansion of religious activities all around the world (especially in the United States) with new vigor and energy. The conservatives will find ways to compromise with liberals on sticky issues. Democrats and Republicans will agree on more matters than the ones they disagree. This is a good time to get those lingering bills passed in U.S. Congress and Senates.
The countries that are more likely to be affected during this month are: Russia, China, United States of America, European countries and Middle-East (Syria, Saudi-Arabia, Yemen, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and Palestine-Israel region).
- United States of America:
President Obama and his administration:
President Obama’s operating planet Neptune, being in the seventh house of his progressive chart, becomes responsible for deceptive environment around him that he ought to be aware of. In addition, due to his another operating planet, Mars, being retrograde and in the first house of his progressive chart, his patience will be tested to its limit as he will be forced to deal with political challenges that will put him not only on defensive but those challenges will annoy and irritate him a great deal, and make it extremely difficult for him to deal with the current pressing issues: the economy, deficit and the international issues. The dealings with republic house will become an ordeal. Furthermore, the ninefold Saturn (another operating planet) conjuncts the ninefold Neptune in the fourth house making it extremely challenging for him to deal with domestic political issues during the first half of February. However, with Jupiter in Aries, the 9th house (11th from the eleventh) of his progressive chart, he will still be able to govern the country and inch towards in leading the country to progress.
The Neptune-Rahu ninefold conjunction may become the cause for deceptive development in Republican party’s presidential nominee race during February 13-20. And in the following days, the deception will become obvious. The Pluto-Saturn ninefold square (Feb 23 – March 4) is likely to manifest itself in a crisis like situation within the republican party. The influence of the retrograde Mars will certainly be reflected in political snafus and crisis. Also, the friction between the republicans and democrats will likely to escalate further and there will be times, at least momentarily, the country may seem paralyzed.
On a positive note, the influence of Neptune-Saturn trine (Feb 1-14) will certainly be reflected in positive period for most of the technological areas, as those areas are likely to make significant progress via inventions and discoveries.
· Russia: The positive influence of Neptune-Saturn trine will continue to be reflected in a favorable period for Russia during the first half of the month. However, during the last week of the month new crisis (political or social) are likely to emerge..
· Europe: The first half of the month looks to be positive for Europe from the economical growth and political stability standpoint. The positive influence of Neptune-Saturn trine will be reflected in sense of security, well being and general happiness. However, during the third week of the month, covert activities might be on rise causing increased friction among the European countries.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: For China, the positive influence of Neptune-Saturn trine will continue to be reflected in political stability and economic expansion during the first half of the month. The third week of the month may see increased social tension in China, and during the last week of the month occurrences of natural calamities or man-made accidents are likely.
· Middle East: Except for the last week of the month, the February may prove to be relatively less violent and more peaceful than other times for the region. The auspicious Neptune-Saturn trine may prove to be boon for the region from the moral transformation and economical growth standpoint during the first half of the month. The Pluto-Saturn ninefold square may become responsible for violence and unrest in Middle East during the last week of the month.
· Religion: The month looks to be relatively calm for the religious activities around the world.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The natural calamities like extreme weather conditions, wildfires, hurricanes, heavy rains, air crashes as well as man made accidents are more likely to occur during February 23-29.
Earthquakes: Based on the new earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on February 3, 12-17, 23, and 27-29.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.