Date Posted: December 31, 2002
The year 2003 is likely to begin with some form of a religious crisis, especially in the United States. Also, the period from January 4 through January 13 (especially the latter part (Jan 10-13)) is not positive for the United States as it will be reflected in news that deal with either violence, terrorism, or frustrations in carrying out Bush administration’s agenda against terrorism both at domestic and international level. However on the technological front, innovations, discoveries, and breakthroughs (especially in biotech, medicine and high-tech areas) will continue to dominate the news. The planetary dispositions that will influence events in January are: Uranus-Rahu ninefold and Mars-Rahu direct opposition, Neptune-Uranus and Saturn-Rahu ninefold quincunx, Rahu/Ketu-Jupiter, Uranus-Jupiter ninefold and Uranus-Mars direct squares, and Neptune-Saturn, Pluto-Ketu ninefold trines and Pluto-Rahu sextile.
The countries that are likely to make headline news are: United States, Russia, some of the major European countries (Britain, Germany, Italy), Middle-East (Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, and to a lesser extent Palestine and Israel).
- United States of America: As mentioned earlier, January 4-13 period is not positive for the United States. Religious crisis as well as outbreak of terrorism or social violence are real possibilities during this period. The relationship between Russia and USA (particularly Bush administration) will continue to stay strained. For President Bush, January is not going to be an easy month as deceptive Neptune transits opposite his natal Mercury and Pluto in the first house. Also, the ninefold Uranus enters his ninefold ascendant on January 19 while ninefold Neptune enters in the eighth house of his ninefold chart on January 23. What it means? His ability to see the things clearly and make decisions will be influenced by apparent deception caused by the people surrounding him as well as by his own ego. In other words, it would be very difficult for him to remain an open-minded person during this month. He should be extra careful in taking any new step or direction that might influence his both domestic and international policies during January 19 through 30.
· Russia: While retrograde Saturn will continue create more challenges for Putin administration to deal with the existing problems Neptune-Saturn ninefold (Jan 14-23) will help him meet those challenges. The relationship with USA (particularly with Bush administration) is neither likely to remain unchanged. The first week of January is very positive for the entire country.
· Europe: The first two weeks of January are not good for Europe. Relationship with USA will become sour and economical conditions, in general, will get worse. An outbreak of a social or religious crisis is very likely.
· China, Japan and Pacific-rim Countries: Economically it’s not going to be a positive month for China. For almost the entire month Chinese government will likely be faced with new domestic problems and (or) a new political crisis.
· Religion: The first week (Jan 1-8) of the month will turn out to be very crucial for most of the religions around the world, especially in the United States. Religious authorities will come under severe public criticism for the issues that separate rights from wrongs. People’s perception of religion and their expectations from religious authorities will likely to become more negative.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: While squares are likely to create disturbance (Jan 1-13) either in the form of a religious crisis or a terrorism, especially in the United States, the Neptune-Saturn and Pluto-Ketu trines will provide positive energy to counter-act the negative energy caused by squares and oppositions. In general, during Jan 1-13 and Jan 25-27 the natural and man-made calamities are more likely.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.