Date Posted: December 31, 2005
January of 2006 may turn out to be a disastrous month from natural and man-made calamities standpoint. While Saturn-Rahu trine continues to be very favorable and prosperous planetary configuration responsible for world stability and peace, the ninefold squares of lunar nodes with Uranus and Neptune, Uranus with Saturn, and Neptune with Mars will pose difficulties and challenges that will likely to be reflected in several man-made and natural calamities all around the world and creating an atmosphere of uncertainty and anxiety.
The countries that are likely to make headline news are: USA, Russia, Europe, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Palestine, India and Pakistan.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
As retrograde Saturn transiting through his ninefold ascendant, all through January President Bush will be faced with serious political challenges this month. As a result, under the political pressure from his party leaders, he is likely to be forced to let go some of his cabinet members and people in important political positions. In addition, he is likely to continue change his stance on Iraq post-war issues. During (the latter half of the month) the ninefold Saturn and Rahu conjunction and Saturn’s transit through his natal Mercury he must not just only be prepared to deal with on going political difficulties, but also, must take care of his health and necessary precautions for his personal safety. During the first week of January as Mars squares his natal Pluto and Mercury he is likely to become accident prone, and therefore, should be careful against taking any undue risk or adventurous outing.
The most critical period of the month is likely to occur during January 11-27. There are several possibilities of likely events though which this critical period is going to manifest. Terrorism for one. Would it occur on U.S. soil? Well, if it’s going to happen in 2006 then it’s likely to occur during Jan 11-27. Other possibilities include political scandal, social unrest, religious conflicts, natural calamities such as snow storms, snow blizzards and alike.
The Saturn-Rahu trine and Pluto-Uranus sextile are positive for the country from economy and technological progress standpoint. Positive news reflecting technological advances and innovations will dominate media news.
January may prove to be a better month for republicans (not for Bush administration) than that for democrats. However, the differences between the senior leaders of the Republican party and the Bush administration on domestic and Iraq war issues will remain and will continue to be the cause for friction between them. The party leaders are likely to distance the administration or take neutral stand on most of the issues that are going to dominate the political news during January.
For democrats, January is going to be a difficult month. The party will experience the pain of transformation which has been going on at a much subtle level for quite sometime.
· Russia: The Saturn-Rahu regular trine is positive for economical and political progress in Russia. As a result, the country is likely to enjoy January a great deal. However, during the the last few days of the month an occurrence of man-made or natural disaster is likely.
· Europe: The positive influence of Saturn-Rahu trine will continue to be reflected in economic expansion and general well being of public all over Europe. However, Uranus-Saturn ninefold square will manifest in violence or attempts of suicide bombings during Jan 17-21. Jupiter-Mars opposition may manifest into either a religious or faith based crisis or social unrest during Jan 10-20. In addition, during Jan14-21 events of natural calamities are likely.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: The second and the third week of January may prove to be very challenging for China with respect to dealing with world. On domestic front, the last week may turn out to be a disaster one. However, the economic growth for China, Japan and the entire pacific-rim region will continue to be at an enviable pace.
· Religion: Jupiter-Mars opposition may bring out direct confrontation between religious orthodox and their liberal counterparts. This confrontation has a potential of turning into an ugly incident. This is likely to happen during Jan 10-20. Neptune-Jupiter ninefold square (Jan 23 – Feb 2) may manifest in revelation of a deceptive or secretive deed that involved higher level religious authorities.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Uranus-Saturn quincunx, Neptune-Mars square, Uranus-Rahu/Ketu and Uranus-Saturn ninefold squares will be responsible for both the natural and man-made disasters during January. Although the entire month is likely to be susceptible for both man-made and natural calamities, the notable days would likely to fall between Jan 11 and Jan 21.
Earthquakes: During January 1-5, 15-21, and 25-26, a probability of occurrence of an earthquake of magnitude 7 or higher is likely in regions of Asia that include Turkey, Iran, and Afghanistan; and also in regions of Central America.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.