Date Posted: December 31, 2006
The major planetary configurations for January include Neptune-Uranus ninefold quincunx (Nov 18 – Jan 31), Uranus-Ketu (Jan 13-19) ninefold and Mars-Saturn (Jan 7-10) regular trine, Mars-Rahu/Ketu (Jan 1-3) and Uranus-Jupiter (Jan 16-30) regular squares and Neptune-Rahu/Ketu ninefold (Jan 15-22) ninefold squares, and Mars-Pluto (Jan 11-14) conjunction.
While quincunx, and squares are challenging and difficult to deal with, the counter-acting auspicious trines will be responsible for maintaining world political stability.
Neptune-Uranus ninefold quincunx will be responsible for natural and man-made calamities all around the world, rise in tension between Russia and USA, insurgency in Iraq, and escalating fight in Israel and Palestinian region. Mars-Rahu/Ketu squares are likely to manifest in a chaotic and undesirable event(s) in the form of either sudden and unexpected calamities or terrorist activities that include suicide bombings and attacks. Uranus-Jupiter square will challenge religious authorities (especially in the United States) to consider and redefine morality and religious norms. Uranus-Jupiter square will also bring unique morality based cases for judicial system to handle. The ninefold squares of Neptune with lunar nodes will give rise to more secretive political and covert activities that will severely imact the world politics for next several months. The Mars-Pluto conjunction may prove to be disastrous from man-made calamity standpoint. It may manifest in the form of suicide bombings or terrorist attack.
The countries that are likely to make headline news will be: Russia, China, United States, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Israel and Palestine.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
During January Uranus quincunxes his Natal Pluto, as a result, President Bush is likely to make lot of changes in his political agenda that will profoundly affect both domestic and international issues. One of these issues will be, as has been predicted in last few months in this column, is the pursuit of withdrawal of U.S. military forces from Iraq. In addition, Pluto will quincunx his natal Saturn in January. He must deal with people surrounding him very carefully and should take care of his health. Also, Mars being an influencing operating planet in the first (until January 8) and in the second house (thereafter) of his ninefold progressive chart he will continue to be frustrated and angry with member of his cabinets and family more openly. Finally it’s the squaring of Rahu (and Ketu) with his natal lunar nodes will become responsible for unusual and unprecedented political challenges that he must face. His success rate in dealing with those challenges is likely to turn out to be low.
Uranus-Ketu ninefold trine is certainly favorable for the country from prosperity and technological advances standpoint. However Neptune-Uranus ninefold quincunx has been responsible for a continued challenge in dealing with Russia and to some extent China.
Mars-Rahu/Ketu ninefold square will likely to reflect in a man-made or a natural calamity. Uranus-Jupiter direct square will likely to be responsible for increased friction between the religious (orthodox) authorities and their counter parts as that friction will likely to manifest in an undesirable event.
Democrats and Republicans will likely to be at each other’s throat as the new congress begins its session. The last week of the month may prove to be politically disastrous for republicans.
· Russia: In general, the entire month is not positive for the country when it comes to dealing with the USA. However, except for the third week of January, Putin administration is likely to do well on domestic front. Man-made and natural calamities and rise in covert activities are likely during the third week of the month.
· Europe: The first half of the month is reasonable favorable for the continent. During the second half, unwanted political or social event is likely to occur that may become responsible for anxieties and worries. Religion related incidents that provoke the belief system are also likely during the second half of the month.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: Except for the third week the entire month will be positive for China. For Japan and pacific-rim-countries the economical growth will continue at a reasonable pace.
· Middle East: Volence and suicide bombings in Iraq and Palestine-Israel regions will continue through the entire month, especially during the first and the third week and the last three days of the month. The notable dates for violence related activities are: January 1-3, 11-14, 16-22, and 26-31.
· Religion: Overall during the second half of the month the religious activities all around the world are likely to become more provoking than normal. The religious atmosphere is likely to get tarnished with violence and unrest.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Mars-Rahu/Ketu and Uranus-Jupiter direct and Neptune-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares, and Neptune-Uranus ninefold quincunx will be responsible for both the natural and man-made disasters during January. The likely notable dates are: January 1-3, 11-22, and 26-31.
Earthquakes: Based on earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher are likely to occur on January 8, 12-14, 22, 26, 28. While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.