Date Posted: December 31, 2008
The most important planetary configuration for January is the second leg of Uranus-Saturn opposition (Jan 26 – Feb 13). Other important planetary configurations include: Neptune-Saturn quincunx (Dec 1 – Jan 8), Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition (Jan 5-17), Uranus-Rahu ninefold conjunction (Jan 17-23), and the auspicious Neptune-Uranus ninefold trine (Dec 1 – Feb 5).
The Uranus-Saturn opposition lies along the sidereal Leo-Aquarius axis. The Leo-Aquarius axis for both the Uranus and Saturn is very strong and intense since Saturn occupies the challenging sign Leo. The manifestation of this opposition during January 26 – February 13 is likely to result in another round of challenges of economical downturn, volatile oil prices, increased violence in the Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Israel and Palestine), political challenges for the US president as well as for US lawmakers. At a subtle level, the people’s perception of life and life philosophies will go through a painful transformation as demanded by this forceful Saturn-Uranus opposition.
Neptune-Saturn quincunx may become responsible for political and social crisis in Russia and China. However, due to secretive nature of both the Neptune and Saturn details of such crisis may be kept from reaching the public domain. The Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition will manifest itself in increased violence in the Middle-East, especially in Israeli-Palestine and Afghanistan-Pakistan region. And the Uranus-Rahu ninefold conjunction will be responsible for political drama in the United States as well as for financial instability around the world.
On a positive note, Neptune-Uranus ninefold trine is very auspicious for technological breakthroughs in the fields of medicine, biotechnology, high technology and space science.
The countries that are most likely to be affected during this month would be: United States, Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Palestine and Israel), Russia and China.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
Although President Bush is wrapping up his last days at the White house, there will be no real positive change stored for him during the final days as he will continue maintaining his below par performance in governing the country due to his operating and the currently dominating planet Pluto’s transition though 8th house of his ninefold progressive chart. In addition, during the entire January, the transiting Uranus will square his natal Uranus and the lunar nodes, and the ninefold Uranus will transit through the 7th house of his ninefold progressive chart. Consequently, he will continue to feel depressed and helpless and eagerly waiting for his departure date.
The last week of the month will likely to be chaotic for the country from the economic and political events standpoint due to the influence of the Uranus-Saturn opposition. Natural and manmade calamities are also likely during the same time. However, the Neptune-Uranus ninefold trine will be responsible for new inventions, scientific discoveries and technological advances. Technological breakthroughs in fields of medicine, biotechnology, high technology, and space science will continue to make the headline news.
For the President-elect Obama, about a week after his sworn in ceremony, he will be challenged with a new either financial or international crisis (January 26 – February 13) along with the pending crisis of the Illinois Governor’s defiant stand against the resigning his post. However, in my opinion, due to the unique placing of Mars, Uranus, Rahu and Pluto in the seventh house of his natal chart he will be successful in dealing with these challenges.
· Russia: Until January 8, Neptune-Saturn quincunx will keep Russia on defensive in international matters. Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition may become responsible for domestic crisis during Jan 5-17, and the Saturn-Uranus opposition (Jan 26-Feb 13) will manifest itself in a skirmish between the United States and the Russia. On a positive note, the ninefold Neptune-Uranus trine will be reflected in a slightly better relationship with the USA in science and technology area.
· Europe: The first half of the month may prove to be real challenging for the continent. Economic instability and social unrests are some of the symptoms that continent is likely to experience during that period. During the last week of the month the relationship between the USA and the European Union may turn sour.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: Neptune-Saturn quincunx will be responsible for economic and political instability in China during the first week of January. Then during the following two weeks China may face a new domestic crisis. For Japan and Pacific-rim countries, the month looks to be neutral from economical progress standpoint.
· Middle East: The Neptune-Saturn quincunx, the Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition, Uranus-Rahu ninefold conjunction, and the Uranus-Saturn opposition will all contribute to increased violence in the Middle-East region (Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and Pakistani region). The United States is likely to face new crisis in the region especially during the last week of the month. The entire month is likely to be will be filled with both manmade and natural calamities in the Middle-East.
· Religion: The first half and the last week of the month will be very challenging for religious leaders and authorities all around the world to carry out their agendas.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The notable dates for calamities around the world are likely to be: January 1-23 and 26-31.
Earthquakes: Based on our earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on January 6, 11, 13 and 19-20. While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.