Date Posted: May 31, 2013
One of the significant astrological events of 2013 began on May 30, when Jupiter left (sidereal) Taurus and entered the next zodiac sign, Gemini. Jupiter’s transit from one zodiac sign to the next occurs, on average, once a year. It will stay in Gemini till the June 2014. Gemini being mutable and air sign ruled by Mercury, Jupiter in Gemini has a tendency to transform the world philosophy and take it to the next level of human evolution. For those who have well placed and connected Mercury and Jupiter in their birth charts are likely to experience optimism and satisfaction in their lives while others likely to experience frustration in general. For one thing academic, philanthropic and philosophical influence around the world is likely to expand. (It must be noted that for individual charts, despite Jupiter’s positive influence to impart positive psychological and philosophical energy, effects of other planets should also be taken into account to assess the net result or effect). In addition, the influence of social reformers, philanthropists, philosophers, and academics (scientists) will shape the future direction of our social evolution through the philosophical and spiritual debate. In general, the Gemini Jupiter is known to be responsible for world spiritual expansion. So from that perspective expect some positive spiritual and philosophical changes during this period and welcome the Jupiter’s entry in Gemini.
On individual levels, for those who have dominant Jupiter in their birth charts and have Aries, Cancer, Libra, Sagittarius or Aquarius as their natal ninefold ascendants are likely to experience a very positive twelve months period beginning May 30, 2013.
The important challenging planetary configurations for June include Saturn-Mars (June 6-8), Pluto-Mars (June 13-15) and Rahu-Mars quincunx; Pluto-Uranus (May 3 – June 6) square; Saturn-Rahu/Ketu (May 26 – June 9) and Neptune-Rahu/Ketu (May 30 – June 11) ninefold squares.
The Saturn-Mars quincunx may become responsible for a short term but very intensive friction between India and Pakistan. Terrorism and violence, especially in Israel-Palestine area will be on rise. Outbreak of an undesirable happenings, and strong occurrences of both natural and man-made calamities are real possibilities.
The manifestations of Pluto-Mars and Rahu-Mars quincunxes may be reflected in a sudden outbreak of an undesirable happening and in natural and man-made calamities, and perhaps a demise of an international level political leader.
The Pluto-Uranus square has been responsible for (unique) changes in the way the current US administration deals with other nations with respect to its war against terrorism agenda and other international issues, and also with its domestic matters. And these are reflected in IRS investigation of targeting certain groups, Benghazi investigation and AP wiretapping. As a result, there has been a transformation of their political strategy for a change in the current political agenda and foreign policy matters of the Obama administration as the planet Pluto with its tremendous energy has a power of irreversibly transforming the field of politics to a new level or setting with a new set of norms. No wonder, as predicted last month, the Obama administration has been tangled with some serious issues since May.
The ninefold squares of Saturn with the lunar nodes may become responsible for increased barbaric activities all around the world, terrorists creating more confusion and chaos and social turmoil in Europe and Russia. Religious activities could get stalled for no apparent reason.
The influence of ninefold squares of Neptune with the lunar nodes will be reflected in increased covert activities all around the world.
The auspicious planetary configurations for June include Neptune-Saturn (May 24 – Aug 5) trine; Uranus-Rahu (June 4-11) ninefold trine, and Uranus-Ketu (June 4-11) ninefold sextile.
The Nepune-Saturn trine is very positive for Russia and China. In addition, during the same time, most of the technological areas (especially biotech and social media) are likely to make significant progress via inventions and discoveries. Spiritual and religious activities are also likely to impart positive energy, creating a very healthy atmosphere around us.
While Uranus-Rahu ninefold trine is positive in either bringing terrorism under control or even wiping out major terrorist cells through covert operation, the Uranus-Ketu ninefold sextile will become responsible for expansion of religious activities all around the world with new vigor and energy, conservatives findings new ways to compromise with liberals on sticky issues.
The countries that are more likely to be affected during this month are: China, Russia, USA, Middle-East (Syria, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Palestine-Israel region) and Europe.
- United States of America:
President Obama and his administration:
Until August 1, 2013, President Obama’s operating planets will be Mercury, Uranus and Rahu. In his progressive chart, the Mercury will remain in the 11th house of his progressive chart through the entire June (It becomes retrograde on June 27), while Uranus and Rahu will be in the 8th and the 3rd house respectively. The favorable 11th house Mercury and the third house Rahu will certainly help him succeed in almost all activities of governing and protecting the country during June. However, the 8th house Uranus will bring new challenges that he must face and perhaps be consumed without any positive outcome. Thus, overall he is likely to enjoy June lot better than the first half of May.
The Pluto-Uranus square has been responsible for (unique) changes in the way the current US administration deals with other nations with respect to its war against terrorism agenda and other international issues, and also with its domestic matters. And these are reflected in IRS investigation of targeting certain groups, Benghazi investigation and AP wiretapping. As a result, there has been a transformation of their political strategy for a change in the current political agenda and foreign policy matters of the Obama administration as the planet Pluto with its tremendous energy has a power of irreversibly transforming the field of politics to a new level or setting with a new set of norms. No wonder, as predicted last month, the Obama administration has been tangled with some serious issues since May. And those issues will continue to reverberate with the same intensity at least through the first week of June.
On a positive note, Neptune-Saturn trine will be responsible for significant progress in most of the technological areas (especially biotech and social media) via inventions and discoveries. Spiritual and religious activities are also likely to impart positive energy, creating a very healthy atmosphere around us.
· Russia: During the first week of the month (June 1-11) Russia is likely to face the both political and social turmoil and possible outbreak of violence; and likelihood of natural and man-made calamities can not be ruled out during the same time. Then for the rest of the month, thanks to Neptune-Saturn trine, the economical growth and progress in technical fields (new innovations and discoveries) will continue.
· Europe: During the first eleven days of the month, the continent is likely to face significant economic and social challenges due to the ninefold squares of Neptune and Saturn with the lunar nodes. However, due to Neptune-Saturn trine the rest of the month look to be positive from social and economic growth standpoint.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: For China, during the first two weeks of the month economic and political turmoil is likely, and social and political instability during the same period can not be ruled out. But the manifestation of Saturn-Neptune trine will be reflected in economical growth for China, pacific rim-countries and Japan during the rest of the month.
· Middle East: Due to the ninefold squares of Neptune and Saturn with the lunar nodes during the first ten days the month, the region is likely to see increased violence and unrest (especially in Egypt, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Israel and Palestine region). During the same period, both the natural and man-made calamities (with violence) are also likely. However, during the second half of the month violence is likely to subside.
· Religion: Due to the positive and auspicious influence of the Neptune-Saturn trine the entire month is going to be very productive for the religious leaders and religions all around the world who are receptive for new ways understanding the nature of spiritual growth and consequently the positive changes that will bring more harmony in the coming months.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The natural calamities like extreme weather conditions, wildfires, hurricanes, heavy rains, air crashes as well as man made accidents are very likely to occur during June 1-11.
Earthquakes: Based on the earthquake prediction model II, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on June 1-3, 7-8, 11, 13-17, 21, 23, 26-27, 29.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.