Date Posted: February 28, 2003
First two weeks of March are not good for the world in general, and the United States in particular. It’s going to be a very intensively anxiety-filled period. There will be more violence and terrorism in the Middle-East as well as in other regions of the world, and United States will somehow get tangled with these events. A new wave of attacks by terrorist organizations like Al-Queda and others are very likely to occur during the first two weeks of the month. Although from planetary perspective the possibility of war with Iraq in March is very low, if it should occur in March, it would be in the first two weeks of the month. And, as I have been predicting for last few months, President Bush and his administration would have very little success with this war and it wouldn’t be surprising to see them end up with a failed mission.
While the third week of March is not positive for Western Europe the last weeks of the month are not good for Russia and China. A possibility of a social or political crisis in any one of these places can not be ruled out.
The planetary configurations that will influence world events in March are: Rahu-Saturn ninefold opposition, Mars-Rahu direct and Pluto-Saturn ninefold quincunxes, Pluto-Uranus and Neptune-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares, Rahu-Uranus ninefold trine, and Saturn-Jupiter and Uranus-Ketu sextiles.
The countries that are likely to make headline news are: United States, Russia, China, Western Europe, Israel and Palestine, Iraq, and North Korea.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration: As predicted last month, President Bush had been frustrated and consumed in facing his adversaries during February as Saturn has been remained anchored in the seventh house of his progressive chart. In addition, his ninefold Uranus has been in the first house of his ninefold chart and it will stay there till March 18, and that Uranus has been a cause of stress and agony in dealing with foreign matters, especially with NATO and western European allies with respect to disarming Saddam Hussein of Iraq and anti-war sentiment that was reflected in huge demonstrations of anti-war protest in major cities all around the world. In addition, we have seen during February President Bush’s declining popularity both home and abroad and diminishing support from his allies for going to war with Iraq.
Based on President Bush’s current planetary transits, he will continue to be frustrated and consumed in facing his adversaries during March too as Saturn is going to stay anchored in the seventh house of his progressive chart. In addition, his ninefold Uranus will be in the first house of his ninefold progressive chart till March 14. The Uranus-Pluto ninefold square (March 2-15) will certainly cause him a lot of anguish in carrying out his foreign policy agenda. As it has been repeated before if he goes ahead with war he will be in for a long and frustrating spring with a very little success.
The second week of March (March 8-13) is good for the country, especially in mending its strained relationship with western European countries. Also, optimism about a possible solution in disarming Saddam Hussein without having to go war against him will be on rise during this week. However, in my opinion, Pluto-Uranus ninefold square (March 2-15) will make it very difficult for Bush administration to reconcile with countries that oppose his approach in disarming Saddam Hussein. In addition to on going Iraq situation, a fresh wave of terrorism in Israel-Palestine area as well as new Al-Qaida suicidal attacks around the world are very likely, and United States will be involved in attempting to quench those situations.
During March 2-15 period, the Pluto-Uranus ninefold square could bring a unique change in the way the current US administration deals with other nations with respect to its war against terrorism agenda, and also with its domestic matters. There will be a transformation of a political strategy that might become responsible of a change in the current political agenda, and foreign policy matters of the Bush administration as the planet Pluto with its tremendous energy has a power of irreversibly transforming the field of politics to a new level or setting with a new set of norms. Expect some serious issues that the Bush administration could get tangled with.
While the first two weeks of the month are not favorable for the Democratic Party and the democrats the last two weeks of March are unfavorable for the Republican Party.
· Russia: Saturn-Rahu ninefold opposition and Neptune making ninefold squares with lunar nodes will bring new challenges (and probably a social crisis) for Putin administration in dealing with his domestic as well as international problems. The relationship with USA (particularly with Bush administration) will get better. The covert activities in Russia and neighboring countries will increase. Especially the last two weeks of March will certainly be very challenging for the entire country.
· Europe: The Rahu-Saturn ninefold opposition (Mar 18-24) is not good for the continent. An outbreak of social crisis or some sort of natural or man-made calamity is strongly indicated by this opposition. Relationship with USA is likely to improve. Political covert activities will be on rise.
· China, Japan and Pacific-rim Countries: March will not be a favorable month for China as new (social or political) crisis are likely to take place. Perhaps the North Korea may become the center of this crisis affecting the region.
· Religion: The entire month will turn out to be very positive for most of the religions around the world.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Except for a few days in the month (Mar 15-18) the entire month is not favorable. Both the natural and man-made calamities are very likely to occur as a new wave of disturbance either in the form of a terrorism or fighting and extreme weather conditions are very likely.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.