Date Posted: February 29, 2012
From the planetary influence standpoint, one of the major events of early 2012 is the retrograde Mars which on average occurs once every two years. On January 24, Mars became retrograde in the sidereal zodiac sign Leo, and will stay retrograde in Leo till April 24. After becoming direct on April 14, it will stay in Leo until June 21. Astrologically speaking, what does the retrograde Mars mean? And what can we expect from the retrograde Mars?
In general, when a planet turns retrograde, the positive energy offered by that planet is expected to slowly diminish. In case of Mars, being a planet of total independence, high ego and less maturity usually make things worse when retrograde with incredible speed.
For those who have predominant Mars in their birth chart and if it’s influencing them through their current progressive chart, then they are very likely to experience a sudden setback in their professional as well as in other activities. They may have to repeat things over many times to get it right, or they may have to deal with unfortunate and totally unexpected circumstances, and in general, they may end up in having a very frustrating experience. In particular, politicians, social leaders, community organizers, construction workers, people who work in military, and managers are likely to be more affected by this retrograde Mars than others.
At a collective level, expect a political tension rising among developed nations. Destruction of wealth due to natural calamities or man made accidents are also likely. Other possibilities include a sudden rise in terrorist activities, escalation in a warlike climate between Israelis and Palestinians, and of course increased covert activities among developed nations.
The important challenging planetary configurations for March include Rahu-Jupiter (March 7-14) and Uranus-Mars (March 27 – April 3) quincunx, Pluto-Saturn (Feb 23 – March 4), Mars-Rahu/Ketu (March 12-18) squares and Pluto-Rahu/Ketu (March 6-14) ninefold squares.
The Rahu-Jupiter quincunx may become responsible for challenges that the world religious leaders may be facing with respect to carrying out their activities and in general, keeping people happy. Loss of a well known religious figurehead is likely. The manifestation of Uranus-Mars quincunx may be reflected in natural and man-made calamities, especially in the United States of America.
The manifestation of Pluto-Saturn and Pluto-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares, may be reflected in on going as well as renewed violence (such as unintentional and accidental Koran burning in Afghanistan and uprising in Syria) in the volatile region of the Middle-East (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Israel and Palestine).
The Mars-Rahu/Ketu squares may become responsible for both natural and man-made calamities causing destruction and loss of lives all around the world.
The auspicious planetary configurations for March are: Pluto-Jupiter (March 7-16), Pluto-Mars (March 11-16) and Jupiter-Mars (March 12-14) trines; Uranus-Rahu (March 1-3) ninefold sextile.
The manifestation of Pluto-Jupiter trine will be reflected in changes in religious and academic and to some extent social fields. Initial reaction to the change might appear to be a bit confusing and perhaps chaotic, but the majority of us are going to embrace this new wave of change and are very likely to enjoy it.
The Pluto-Mars and Jupiter-Mars trines will further magnify the changes in religious and academic and social fields caused due to Jupiter-Pluto trine that will ultimately benefit the mankind from spiritual growth standpoint.
The countries that are more likely to be affected during this month are: Middle-East (Syria, Saudi-Arabia, Yemen, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and Palestine-Israel region), European countries and the United States of America.
- United States of America:
President Obama and his administration:
President Obama’s operating planet Neptune, being in the seventh house of his progressive chart, continues to be responsible for deceptive environment around him that he ought to be aware of. However, with Jupiter in Aries, the 9th house (11th from the eleventh) of his progressive chart, he will continue to be successful in governing the country and inch towards in meeting his goals and obligations to American people.
The Uranus-Mars quincunx may become the responsible for natural and man-made calamities during the last week of March. The Pluto-Saturn ninefold square is likely to manifest itself in a crisis like situation within the republican party. The influence of the retrograde Mars will certainly be reflected in political snafus and crisis. Also, the friction between the republicans and democrats will likely to escalate further and there will be times, at least momentarily, the country may seem paralyzed.
On a positive note, the influence of Pluto-Jupiter trine (March 7-16) will certainly be reflected in positive period for most of the technological areas, as those areas are likely to make significant progress via inventions and discoveries.
· Russia: During the first week of March political and social crisis that began (as predicted last month) will continue. But later on during the month, the political situation is likely to return to normal and social crisis to subside.
· Europe: The first week of march is not positive for Europe from political and social unrest and economical uncertainty standpoint. During the second and the third week of March, occurrences of natural calamities or man-made accidents are likely. And during the same period, the manifestation of Pluto-Jupiter trine will be reflected in unexpected changes in collective religious, academic and social activities.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: For China, the first week of March is going to be turbulent from political and economical stability standpoint. However, the rest of the month looks to be positive for the country. For the entire pacific-rim region and Japan, except for the first week of March the economical growth will be reflected in rising financial markets.
· Middle East: The Pluto-Saturn ninefold square may become responsible for violence and unrest in Middle East (especially in Afghanistan, Israel and Palestine region) during the first week of the month. Then during the second and third week of March both the natural and man-made calamities (with violence) are likely.
· Religion: The Rahu-Jupiter quincunx (March 7-14) may become responsible for challenges that the world religious leaders may be facing with respect to carrying out their activities and in general, keeping people happy. Loss of a well known religious figurehead is likely during that period. However, at the same time, the Pluto-Jupiter trine (March 7-16) will be positive for religious and spiritual transformation of the existing norms.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The natural calamities like extreme weather conditions, wildfires, hurricanes, heavy rains, air crashes as well as man made accidents are more likely to occur during March 1-4, 12-18 and 27-31.
Earthquakes: Based on the new earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on March 3-5, 11-12, 14-15, 17, 19 and 28-29.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.