Date Posted: February 28, 2014
The important challenging planetary configurations for March include the retrograde Mars (March 2 – May 20), the retrograde Saturn (March 3 – July 21), Neptune-Saturn (March 22-30) and Saturn-Rahu (March 23 – April 21) ninefold quincunxes, Uranus-Jupiter (Feb 14 – May 6) square and Pluto-Saturn (Feb 24 – March 19) ninefold square.
Retrograde Mars (March 2 – May 20)
From the planetary influence standpoint, one of the major events for the next 2-3 months is the retrograde Mars, and on average it occurs once every two years. On March 2, Mars becomes retrograde in the sidereal zodiac sign Libra, via it’s retrograde motion it goes back in Virgo on March 26, and stays retrograde in Virgo till May 20. Astrologically speaking, what does the retrograde Mars mean? And what can we expect from the retrograde Mars?
In general, when a planet turns retrograde, the positive energy offered by that planet is expected to slowly diminish. In case of Mars, being a planet of total independence, high ego and energy, and more impulsive nature, usually when retrograde, it make things worse with incredible speed.
In particular, during this retrograde Mars period, artists, entertainers, judges, musicians, engineers, designers, accountants and business people are likely to be more affected than others.
Also, during this period, expect a political tension building among developed nations. Destruction of wealth due to natural calamities or man made accidents are also very likely. Due to the presence of Rahu and Saturn in Libra, other possibilities include a sudden rise in terrorist activities, escalation in a warlike climate between Israelis and Palestinians, and increased covert activities among nations.
Retrograde Saturn (March 3 – July 21)
Saturn became retrograde on March 3 and is going to stay retrograde till July 21, 2014 in sidereal Libra. On the world scene, generally, the projects that deal with expansion are likely to either stay on hold or experience sluggish progress. In religious world, things are likely to move at frustratingly slow rate. In the political arena what may seem like progress will turn out to be a disaster.
The manifestation of the Neptune-Saturn ninefold quincunx will be reflected in rise in covert activities among nations, possibilities of natural as well as man-made calamities and political and social turmoil in places like Russia and China. Non-democratic countries are likely to see shift of power from one faction (or dictator) to another. Religious activities around the world will likely to appear more secretive than open.
The Saturn-Rahu ninefold quincunx will be responsible for social and political unrest in Russia and/or China. In addition, in the United States for the Republican Party and the republican leaders it may prove to be prudent to stay on guard during this period.
The Uranus-Jupiter square will become responsible for significant changes in religious, academic and to some extent social fields, especially in the United States. Initial reaction to the change might appear to be a bit confusing and perhaps chaotic, but the majority of us are going to embrace this new wave of change and are very likely to enjoy it. The religious norms will certainly be under pressure for changes and those changes will be reflected in modified norms.
The Pluto-Saturn ninefold square may become responsible for serious and sudden social and political challenges for Russia. Also, during the same period instability in Middle East is likely and the both natural and man-made calamities in Europe and in the Middle-East cannot be ruled out.
The auspicious planetary configurations for February include Pluto-Rahu (Jan 23 – Feb 6) and Neptune-Rahu (March 26 – April 2) ninefold sextiles.
The Pluto-Rahu ninefold sextile means a good period for economy. This period is also good for progress in technical fields (new innovations and discoveries) and religious reconciliation.
The manifestation of the Neptune-Rahu ninefold sextile will be reflected in a positive period for Russia and China. Also, most of the technological areas are likely to make significant progress via inventions and discoveries. Spiritual and religious activities are likely to impart positive energy and create a very healthy atmosphere around us.
The countries that are more likely to be affected during this month are: Russia, Ukraine, China, United States, and the Middle East (Syria, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan and Palestine-Israel regions).
- United States of America:
President Obama and his administration:
From February 2 through March 26, President Obama’s operating planets will be Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Mercury becomes direct on March 1 in sidereal Capricorn. Then it enters Aquarius on March 12 and remains in Aquarius for the rest of the month. Therefore, in his progressive chart, Mercury will remain in the 6th house till March 12, and then in the 7th house till the end of the month. The 6th house Mercury will be favorable for him with success in governing the country and rise in his popularity till March 12.. However, after March 12, the 7th house Mercury will be very challenging for him for the rest of the month during which he is likely get frustrated with domestic as well as international political challenges that he must overcome. Despite Mercury’s trials and tribulations, the favorable positions of Mars and Jupiter and Saturn in his progressive chart will keep things from going to haywire. Somehow he will manage to trade waters through the last eighteen days of March.
The Uranus-Jupiter square will certainly leave its mark as significant changes in religious, academic and to some extent social fields are likely to occur. The religious norms will certainly be under pressure for changes and those changes will be reflected in modified norms.
The Saturn-Rahu ninefold quincunx will be responsible new challenges that the Republican Party and the republican leaders must deal with. It may prove to be prudent to stay on guard for the Republican party during this period.
· Russia: The Neptune-Saturn and Saturn-Rahu ninefold quincunxes (March 22-30) will become responsible for rise in covert activities, increased political uncertainty and social turmoil. In addition, during the first half of the month, the Pluto-Saturn ninefold square may become responsible for serious and sudden social and political challenges for Russia.
· Europe: Except the third week (March 16 -22) the entire month looks to be challenging for the continent from political stability and economic uncertainty standpoint. Also, the manifestation of Uranus-Jupiter square will be reflected in new challenges for the religious activities in Europe through the entire month.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: During the first half of the month economic challenges and social and political instability in China will dominate the headlines, and during the last eight days of March China is likely to experience rise in covert activities and increased social and political instability.
· Middle East: During the first half of the month and during the last week of the month, the situation in the Middle-East may become volatile and critical. From religion standpoint, religious leaders are likely come under pressure to reform some of the old norms that the region is accustomed to.
· Religion: The Uranus-Jupiter square will become responsible for significant changes in religious field, especially in the United States. Initial reaction to the change might appear to be a bit confusing and perhaps chaotic, but the majority of us are going to embrace this new wave of change and are very likely to enjoy it. The religious norms will certainly be under pressure for changes and those changes will be reflected in modified norms.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The natural calamities like extreme weather conditions, wildfires, hurricanes, heavy rains, air crashes as well as man made accidents are very likely to occur during March 1-16 and 22-30.
Earthquakes: Based on the earthquake prediction model II, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on March 3, 5, 11, 13, 18-20, 22-26, 28 and 30-31.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.