Date Posted: April 30, 2003
May is going to be a positive month for most of the world as the formation of planetary configurations for May reflects more auspicious trines and sextiles and less undesirable oppositions and squares. This month is likely to be remembered for breakthroughs in technology area (high-tech, biotech, medicine, etc.,), probably lot less violence, and in general, a positive environment for peace and prosperity all around the world. Even usual violent atmosphere in Israeli-Palestine area will likely to be considerably diminished. And at least, on a short term basis, peace process between Israeli-Palestine may seem to look like off to a good start.
The planetary configurations that will influence world events in May are:
Direct Opposition: Jupiter-Mars; Ninefold Opposition: Pluto-Ketu
Ninefold Trines: Pluto-Neptune, Pluto-Saturn, Neptune-Saturn, Saturn-Rahu, Neptune-Rahu, Uranus-Ketu, Rahu-Jupiter
Ninefold Squares: Pluto-Jupiter, Rahu/Ketu-Jupiter, Pluto-Saturn
Ninefold Sextiles: Saturn-Ketu, Neptune-Ketu, Uranus-Rahu, Ketu-Jupiter, Pluto-Jupiter, Pluto-Uranus
Direct Conjunction: Neptune-Mars
The countries that are likely to make headline news are: United States, Russia, China, Western Europe, Israel and Palestine, Middle eastern countries including Iraq
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
Last month’s predictions called for President Bush to continue with frustration and anxiety with his ongoing occupation with the Iraq war. Predictions also included that President Bush and his administration would continue to be frustrated with his mission of Iraq war with very little or no success insight. But Bush administration had a swift and magnificent military success. Thus, I have totally failed in my prediction if the victory of US military in removing Saddam Hussein from power is perceived as a successful mission. In hindsight, the positive influence of Jupiter becoming direct (April 4) and Saturn’s ingress to sidereal zodiac sign Gemini (April 4) far outweighed the negative influence of Uranus-lunar nodes squares. However, the slow and long term influence of Pluto transiting directly opposite President Bush’s natal Uranus and lunar node Rahu can not yet be ignored. Therefore, if finding of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, proving a link between the Saddam Hussein’s regime and al-Qaeda and a decrease in terrorist activities against USA as a result of this war were the reasons for President Bush to go to war then we just have to wait.
For Bush administration May looks to be a positive month except for the last week. On going efforts of building Iraq will continue to make progress. Domestically President’s popularity will be on rise. World opinion about him and his administration’s credibility, however, will remain questionable. Personally, he will do well at least up to May 11. On May 11 his ninefold Saturn enters ascendant of his ninefold progressive chart. And since he is being influenced by Saturn’s cycle he should take care of his health. Emerging new crisis (domestic as well as international) will overwhelm him. Again Saturn in the eighth house of his progressive chart and in the ascendant of his ninefold progressive chart indicate a cause of concern for his personal safety. It would be prudent of him to take extra care for his personal safety.
The first three weeks of May are very positive for the country, especially from breakthrough, innovations, and discoveries in technical and scientific areas standpoint. Also, general mood of the public will turn very optimistic about future.
· Russia: Except for May 12-16 and May 25-28, May looks to be favorable for Russia in general, and for Putin administration in particular. The relationship with USA (particularly with Bush administration) will continue to remain as it has been…. a sort of indifference towards each other.
· Europe: All the ninefold trines look to be favorable for Europe, and therefore, except for May 9-12 and May 27-30 the month looks to be real good.
· China, Japan and Pacific-rim Countries: The spreading of SARS will likely to stay under control. First couple of weeks are positive for the entire region from economy standpoint. May 12-16 is the time during which a new crisis situation (political or social) may occur. Again May 27-30 period may prove to be a challenging period for Chinese government.
· Religion: The first week of the month may prove to be a challenging period for religious leaders. But in general, rest of the month looks to be quiet and perhaps positive for religions around the world.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Except for the last week of the month, May looks to be real positive. Both the natural and man-made calamities, if occur, will occur during May 25-30 and possibly in the Middle-East region.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.