Date Posted: April 30, 2006
In May undesirable world events are likely to be due to manifestations of Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition (May 17-23), Uranus-Rahu ninefold quincunx (May 22-31), and Pluto-Mars and Neptune-Mars direct quincunxes. However, the first half of the month is likely to enjoy positive energy of Uranus-Jupiter, Jupiter-Mars, and Uranus-Mars auspicious trines and Pluto-Neptune ninefold trines. While the positive news will be reflected in world economic expansion, continued research and technological advances in high-tech, bio-tech, and medicine fields, and in world political stability, the negative world events, especially during the latter half of the month, will include natural and man-made calamities, political tensions among world leaders, suicide bombings and escalated activities of terrorism in Middle East (Iraq, Israel and Palestine) and a possible skirmish between India and Pakistan on security related issues.
The countries that are likely to make headline news are: Iraq, Iran, Israel, Palestine, India, Pakistan, Russia, China, and USA.
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
On April 24 president Bush began his next major cycle, the seventeen year cycle of Mercury. During this cycle he will be predominantly influenced by Mercury, Venus, Pluto, and Ketu as they fall in the constellation of Mercury at the time of his birth.
During the first three weeks of May, the transit of Mars in the eighth house of his ninefold chart means he will continue to face obstacles and get frustrated as he realizes his inadequacy to effectively govern the country. Also, during the second half of the month Mercury will transit through the seventh house of his ninefold chart. As a result, he will have difficulty in dealing with his subordinates as well as political leaders of the international community. During the last week, Jupiter squares his natal Pluto, and therefore, during that week he should stay low key as he is likely to make mistakes in making policy decisions on domestic issues.
While Uranus-Mars (May 6 -10) regular trine is positive for the country from international reputation, prestige, economy and technological progress standpoint, the Uranus-Rahu ninefold quincunx will certainly dominate the news about friction between European countries and USA, national security, mismanagement of domestic programs, and government’s inability to govern the nation.
For republicans, Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition (May 17-23) will not bode well in maintaining distance between the party and the Bush White House. Direct confrontation between the White House and senior party leaders is likely.
In general, for democrats, the entire month is favorable. Especially the second week of the month may prove to be real positive.
· Russia: The third week of the month is likely to be very challenging for Russia and for the Putin administration in particular. During May 15-19 period a possibility of eruption of new crisis situation and/or a man-made or natural calamity is very high. However, the favorable influence of Pluto-Neptune ninefold trine and Neptune-Saturn ninefold sextile will reflect in country’s economic growth and success in international politics during the month except the third week.
· Europe: While the positive influence of Neptune-Saturn ninefold trine (May 21-28) will be reflected in political stability and economic expansion, Saturn-Jupiter (May 15-17) and Uranus-Rahu (May 24-31) ninefold quincunxes are likely to become responsible for social crisis and for increased disagreement with USA on several economy and security related issues respectively.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: Except for the third week of the month the month looks to be positive for China from economical and social progress standpoint. During the third week either natural or man-made calamity or social crisis is likely. The economic growth for China, Japan and the entire pacific-rim region will continue to grow at an enviable pace.
· Middle East: Violence and suicide bombings in Iraq and in Palestine-Israel regions will continue to dominate the news during May 15-31 period.
· Religion: The first half of the month seems positive for religious activities all around the world. It’s during the second half some of the religious authorities will come under pressure to deliver the promises they have made or deal with a sudden and unexpected religion or morality based crisis.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Neptune-Mars and Pluto-Mars direct quincunxes, Pluto-Saturn ninefold opposition, and Uranus-Rahu ninefold quincunx will be responsible for both the natural and man-made disasters during May. The notable events will likely to occur during May 15 – 31.
Earthquakes: Although it’s a low probability month for earthquakes to occur, based on our evolving earthquake prediction model, the possibility of occurrence(s) of an earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher during May 2-4, May 7-8, and on May 18 can not be ruled out.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.