Date Posted: April 30, 2011
May begins with the Jupiter’s entry in Aries. On May 7, Jupiter leaves (sidereal) Pisces and enters the next zodiac sign, Aries. Jupiter’s transit from one zodiac sign to the next occurs, on average, once a year. Aries being cardinal and fire sign ruled by friendly Mars, Jupiter in Aries has a tendency to enhance material prosperity for those who have well placed and connected Mars and Jupiter in their birth charts while others likely to experience their prosperity diminish. In general, transit of Jupiter in Aries is positive. For one thing material prosperity around the world is likely to expand. (It must be noted that despite Jupiter’s positive influence on world material prosperity, effects of other planets should also be taken into account to assess the net result or effect). In addition, the influence of entrepreneurs, and in general, most of the leaders from all fields will shape the future direction of our social evolution through the material, philosophical and spiritual debate. In other words, the Aries Jupiter is known to be responsible for world material and wealth expansion. So from that perspective expect some positive economic changes during this period and welcome the Jupiter’s entry in Aries.
Besides Jupiter’s entry in Aries, the important planetary configurations for May include Neptune-Saturn (May 15-30) ninefold opposition and Saturn-Mars quincunx (May 23-25).
And the auspicious planetary configurations for May are Pluto-Neptune (May 1-15), Uranus-Saturn (May 25- June 6) and Neptune-Rahu (May 27 – June 7) ninefold trines; Rahu-Mars (May 3-5), Rahu-Jupiter (May 9-15) and Pluto-Mars (May 18-20) trines; Neptune-Mars (May 10-12) sextile and Pluto-Uranus (May 18-29) ninefold sextile.
The Neptune-Saturn ninefold opposition will be responsible for behind the scene international dealings and covert activities especially in Russia, Europe, Middle East and China. And these acts will later may manifest into worldwide crisis (violence, unrest, etc.). The Saturn-Mars quincunx may become the reason for increased political tension between India and Pakistan.
During the entire month, the auspicious ninefold trines and sextiles will be responsible for scientific advances and technological breakthrough in areas of biotechnology, medicine, high tech and communication sciences. These trines and sextiles will also be responsible for worldwide economic growth.
The countries that are more likely to be affected during this month will be: Russia, China, Europe, Middle-East (Libya, Egypt, Syria, Saudi-Arabia, Yemen, Iraq, Iran, Palestine and Israel) and USA.
- United States of America:
President Obama and his administration:
President Obama’s operating planet Neptune has just been in trine with his natal Venus, and therefore, he is likely to enjoy better political atmosphere both at home as well as with international leaders. In addition, with Jupiter’s entry in Aries, his progressive Jupiter enters the 9th house (11th from the eleventh) house of his progressive chart. As a result, he is likely to gain prestige, fame and goodwill from public. However, the ninefold Pluto in his ninefold progressive chart enters the first house. And that means, until May 9th he needs to be careful in making decisions as he will be constantly vacillating and remain unsure about the key decisions that he wants to make. Ideally he should postpone them till after May 9 if possible. However, if he must then he must verify (double check) all the facts before he makes that decision. The rest of the month seems reasonably okay for him..
During the first week of May, the influence of the Uranus-Jupiter ninefold opposition will be reflected in a religious event or a religious crisis. The rest of the month looks to be positive from economical growth and advances in scientific and technological area standpoint. The Jupiter’s entry in Aries will certainly bring the positive energy in business and social environment. Despite difficult period that Americans have been going through, there will be increased optimism about future and people are likely to feel good about themselves and their surroundings. Pluto-Neptune ninefold trine is very favorable for country’s economic growth as scientific advances and technological breakthrough in areas of biotechnology, medicine, high tech and communication sciences will make the headline news.
· Russia: The first half of the month will be positive for Russia, and it will be reflected in economic growth and political stability and improved relationship with the world including the USA. However, during the second half of the month, domestic unrest or natural or man-made calamities will be on rise.
· Europe: The first two weeks of May are really positive for the continent from the economical growth and political stability standpoint. Occurrences of natural or man-made calamities will be rare. The second half of May, however, may turn out to be challenging as social discontent and covert activities will be on rise. Overall, I believe the month looks to be positive from general happiness standpoint.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: As noted last month, Japan’s recovery from the nuclear disaster due to the earthquake will continue to be sluggish and it will take till the middle of September for Japan to recover from the disaster and return to normal life. The first two weeks are positive for the entire region (China, Japan, Korea and other pacific rim countires from economical progress standpoint. The financial markets will continue to grow.
· Middle East: The social unrest that began since the beginning of the year will continue to spread across the region, especially during the last two weeks of the month. The Neptune-Saturn ninefold opposition and Saturn-Mars quincunx will become responsible for behind the scene activities, covert activities and subsequently a coupe like atmosphere for nations which are going through the transformation to democratization.
· Religion: The influence of the auspicious ninefold trines and sextiles of major planets with Jupiter will be responsible for a new and positive change in the world of religion during the entire month.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The natural calamities like extreme weather conditions, wildfires, hurricanes, heavy rains, air crashes as well as man made accidents are more likely to occur on May 23-25.
Earthquakes: Based on the new earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on May 5, 7, 10-12, 17-18, 20, 22, 24-26 and 28-29. While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.