Date Posted: September 30, 2001
September was dominated with the news of terrorist attack on the world trade center towers and the pentagon building. The influence, and perhaps the anxiety and uncertainty of future caused by that event is going to continue at least through October 11. United States should be extra careful to protect the civilians from further terrorist attacks, and also in dealing with the world in relation to this crisis. In addition, the retrograde Mercury (October 2-23) may hinder or slow down the process of bringing the terrorist to justice.
The major planetary configurations that are likely to be dominant during October are: Uranus-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares (till October 11), Neptune-Pluto and Rahu-Jupiter ninefold trines (till October 8),Uranus-Saturn sextile (October 17-31), and Pluto-Saturn direct as well as the ninefold opposition (October 18 – Nov 4). The configurations that are the ninefold squares and oppositions are likely to be responsible for man-made and natural accidents that cause instability, and the ones that are trines and sextile will nullify the negative effect caused by the ninefold squares and oppositions by providing favorable and positive energy for world stability.
Due to strong Uranus-Rahu/Ketu ninefold squares violence and terrorism activities can not be ruled out at least until October 11. Also for the United States, until that time there will not be a clear direction and conclusive handling with regard to the war against terrorism. If there is any break is anticipated, expect it after October 11. The friction between the Israelis and Palestinians will again dominate the news during the last week (Oct 28-Nov 4) of the month. Pluto-Neptune ninefold trine is likely to be very positive for the rate of new discoveries and innovations in biotech as well as in the high tech areas. Countries like Russia and China are likely to enjoy a positive and favorable period at least during the first three weeks of the month. The religious authorities all around the world, in general, are likely to experience some sudden events that could influence their long term agenda.
- United States: For Bush administration, the first two weeks of October will be extremely hectic and frustrating. However, the administration is likely to be rewarded with a very positive break in this war on terrorism matter during October 17-31 period.
· Russia: In general, except for the last week, the month looks very positive for Russia to make some political gains in international affairs. Dealings with USA will yield positive results for Russia in the latter half of the month.
· China, Hong Kong, and Pacific-rim countries: For China, the first two weeks of October are positive. During the last week, however, China should be more careful in dealing with her neighbor countries as well as with the international matters.
· Europe: October, in general, may prove to be a good month for Europe. The dealings with the USA may become difficult in certain areas.
· Religion: Saturn-Jupiter ninefold square (Oct 7-14) is not good for world religions. A probability of a religious tragic event is high. However, the last week of the month looks promising for surge in religious activities bringing out some very positive results.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Except for October 14-28 period the month is going to be filled with events that have to deal with both man-made and natural calamities. October 1-11 is very negative for the United States, and to some extent both the continents of America. October 28 through November 4 is bad for the entire world, particularly for the Middle East countries and Russia.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters in the northern hemisphere, and equally intensive droughts in the southern hemisphere; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.