Date Posted: August 31, 2003
In September retrograde Mars will rapidly approach the retrograde Uranus and get closer to Uranus with in one degree in longitude in the (sidereal) zodiac sign Aquarius. This conjunction of two extremely powerful, independent and egoist planets will likely to cause havoc in many areas of our lives and will clearly reflect in world events that we are going to witness, especially during the days between September 15 and October 5. As a result, the world events will continue to be dominated by news from and about Iraq, guerrilla warfare between the US arm forces and the Iraqi opposition forces, continued violence in Israel-Palestinian area. In addition, Neptune-Saturn quincunx will create an atmosphere of deception especially in political area causing more confusion, particularly in relation to rebuilding of Iraq efforts by United States and California election recall. On a positive note, however, Pluto-Neptune ninefold trine will make sure that the growth in scientific, technical areas will continue at an accelerated pace through new discoveries, inventions, and innovations. Also, some terrorists plots are likely to be failed (or foiled) by either due to blunder on their part or by being caught. Both man-made and natural calamities will likely to reach their peak during this month.
The countries that are likely to make headline news are: United States, Israel, Palestine, Russia, China, North Korea, a few European countries, and Middle eastern countries including Iraq
- United States of America:
President Bush and his administration:
As predicted in August—– “Israel-Palestinian peace efforts will certainly be stalled for a while in the face of a new wave of short term but intense violence during August 19-21”—President Bush came under tremendous pressure in dealing with the failed cease-fire between Palestine and Israel due to suicide bombing and subsequent Israel retaliation by killing a Hamas leader. Also, the world events in August were dominated by the bombing of UN Headquarters in Iraq, and guerrilla warfare between the US arm forces and the Iraqi opposition forces with US casualties rising almost by daily killing. In addition, massive power outage causing the biggest blackout in the northeast area of the United States created a crisis situation for the administration with alleged ties with the FirstEnergy of Ohio, a responsible party whose negligence might be the sole reason for the massive blackout. In general, as predicted last month, August was not a favorable month for President Bush.
During September Neptune will continue its transit opposite President Bush’s natal Mercury and Pluto, and as a result he will continue to come under pressure and be on defensive for his political agenda with Iraq War and other domestic as well as international matters. A surge in renewed violence in Iraq will put added pressure on Bush administration to defend its position. In addition, the Uranus-Mars conjunction in the fourth house of his ninefold natal chart will certainly force President Bush to deal with new emerging homeland security related issues or crisis, and Saturn’s transit over his natal Sun towards the end of the month and early part of October means not only he must take care of his health and worry about his personal safety but his father (former President Bush) must also take care of his health and safety.
During the first week of the month Democratic Party is likely to gain more voter’s confidence, and thus popularity, over their rival Republic Party. During the same period President Bush will remain under tremendous pressure to handle Iraq and Israeli-Palestine peace situations. The second half of the month will be more notable in terms of events occurring in various areas including politics. September 15 – October 5 period is thus likely to prove to be very eventful with full of surprises including California recall election. Natural and man-made calamities might take center stage during the same period.
· Russia: First twenty days of the month are not positive for the country. The problems are likely to manifest themselves in the form of social crisis, man-made or natural calamities, or the Putin administration running into political troubles. For international affairs the last week of the month is favorable for the Putin administration.
· Europe: Uranus-Saturn ninefold square will bring new problems to surface for religious order in European churches during the first week of the month. Also, violence and terrorism during the first week of the month is likely. In general, the mood in the continent will be likely to be more worrisome and less jubilant.
· China, Japan and Pacific-rim Countries: First two weeks of September are not favorable for China. Covert activities will be on rise and international diplomacy will likely to fail. Domestic problems in the form of either social or political crisis are real possibilities. During the third week (Sept 16-20) natural or man-made calamities are likely. Japan and Pacific-rim countries will also experience turmoil related to violence.
· Religion: With Uranus-Jupiter opposition occurring during Aug 26 – Sept 2, religious activities and authorities will be come under pressure from their counterparts to yield to more reforms. Particularly in the United States, religion will be at crossroads and religious faith will be tested.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Periods during which such calamities are more likely to occur are: Sept 1- 2, Sept 15-30. The violence and terrorism related activities are more likely to occur in Israel-Palestine area and Middle-East region.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.