Date Posted: August 31, 2009
September is going to be filled with lot of events that will affect the world politics, regional politics and world religions; and we are likely experience increased man-made and natural calamities and swings in world financial markets..
The most important planetary configuration for September is Uranus-Saturn opposition (September 8-21). The Saturn-Uranus opposition occurs about once every 40-42 year. This is the third leg of the Uranus-Saturn opposition since we just had two during last Oct 27 – Nov 14, 2008, and Jan 26 – Feb 13, 2009. During this third leg Saturn’s motion is direct, and it is in Virgo; while Uranus is retrograde in Pisces. Thus, Uranus-Saturn opposition lies along the sidereal Virgo-Pisces axis. Usually the Virgo-Pisces axis for both the Uranus and Saturn is creative and positive from world evolution standpoint. However, this opposition may become responsible for another round of challenges of economical downturn, volatile oil prices, increased violence in the Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Israel and Palestine), political challenges for the US president Barack Obama as well as for US lawmakers. At a subtle level, the people’s perception of life and life philosophies will go through a painful transformation as demanded by this forceful Saturn-Uranus opposition.
Other important planetary configurations are: Neptune-Saturn quincunx (Sept 5-18), Pluto-Saturn ninefold quincunx (Sept 7-11), Neptune-Saturn and Neptune-Uranus ninefold squares, and the auspicious Neptune-Rahu (Sept 1-14), Pluto-Rahu (Sept 9-20), and Pluto-Neptune (Sept 16 – Oct 9) ninefold trines.
The Neptune-Saturn quincunx may cause covert activities to be on rise. Possibilities of natural as well as man-made calamities are very likely during this period. Places like Russia and China are likely to experience political and social turmoil.
The Pluto-Saturn ninefold quincunx will manifest itself in the outbreak of violence and terrorist activities in Middle-East, natural as well as man-made calamities, and war-like climate in Iraq and Afghanistan. Tension between Israelis and Palestinians will remain unabated. Some of the east-European countries, Russia, and China may experience political as well as social turmoil.
The retrograde Mercury (Sept 7-30) will be responsible for anxieties, communication breakdowns, unexpected delays, frustrations, missing deadlines, unforeseen obstacles and disappointment in our daily chores. Retrograde Mercury in Virgo means more frustrating periods especially for researchers, accountants, organizers, mathematicians and business people.
Neptune-Saturn and Neptune-Uranus ninefold squares will be responsible for sudden changes (either positive and negative) in relationship between USA and Russia (and countries of former Soviet Union) and magnificent advances in science and technology through innovations, inventions, and discoveries.
The auspicious Neptune-Rahu (Sept 1-14), Pluto-Rahu (Sept 9-20), and Pluto-Neptune (Sept 16 – Oct 9) ninefold trines will be positive for world economical growth and increased optimism for future all around the world.
The countries that are most likely to be affected during this month would be: United States, Russia, China, Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Palestine and Israel), and Europe.
- United States of America:
President Obama and his administration:
For President Obama, his operating planet Ketu continues to be in the twelfth house of his progressive chart and in the first house (till Sept 18) and the twelfth house of his ninefold progressive chart during September. As a result, he will continue to face more political as well as social challenges (both international and domestic). Also, the sixth house Jupiter in his progressive chart, and the first house Jupiter in his ninefold progressive chart will not be able to provide him with the needed energy to successfully face the political challenges. However, the transiting Uranus’s sextile aspect with his natal Saturn will likely to help him with his political agenda in pursuing the issues such as health care reform and fiscal economical policies.
During the first two weeks of the month his natal Saturn will conjunct his natal Mars and Rahu will quincunx his natal Rahu; and therefore, during that period he will be directly and more boldly confronting with his adversaries will marginal success.
The Uranus-Saturn opposition (September 8-21) is certainly going to leave its distinct mark on US politics, economy, social environment, and also, perhaps by causing more natural as well as man-made calamities. In a more subtle way it’s a time for foundation of next phase of spiritual evolution of mankind. The old norms of human behavior are likely to be transformed to make room for future growth of spirituality and spiritual world. Interestingly US is very likely to assume the leadership role for the future generation all around the world.
The Neptune-Saturn quincunx may put the republicans on defensive during the first two weeks of the month by not clearly justifying to American public why they oppose the health care reforms proposed by either democrats or Obama administration.
The retrograde Mercury (Sept 7-30) in Virgo may become responsible for total communication breakdowns in the political world. The Saturn-Neptune ninefold squares will be responsible for increased fragmentation among republicans further causing the stagnancy and failure in making any progress in the both houses of congress and and the Neptune-Uranus ninefold square will manifest in new advances in science and technology through innovations and breakthroughs.
· Russia: The Uranus-Saturn opposition (September 8-21) is certainly going to create new friction between the existing relationship between the Russia and the western world including the USA. The Neptune-Saturn quincunx is not favorable for Russia as it will manifest into the chaotic political climate as well as increased natural and man-made calamities. On the positive note, the Saturn-Rahu ninefold trine is likely to result in positive economic growth and political successes for the current Russian government.
· Europe: The Uranus-Saturn opposition (September 8-21) may become responsible for major swings in European financial markets as well as increased differences between the USA and European countries. Similarly the Neptune-Saturn quincunx will manifest itself with the new religious and social challenges for the continent that the respective bodies must deal with them. It will also be responsible for natural and man-made calamities.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: Except the second and the third week, the month looks to be reasonably favorable for China, Japan, and other countries in the region from economical progress standpoint. The friction between the USA and China is likely to escalate during the second and the third week of the month. Also, during the same period likelihood of natural or man-made calamities is very high.
· Middle East: The Uranus-Saturn opposition (September 8-21) and the Neptune-Saturn quincunx will provide plenty of ammunition for increased violence in the Middle-East region (Iran, Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and Pakistani region) with greater US involvement. The new religious based crisis involving more violence and terrorism can be ruled out.
· Religion: The Neptune-Saturn quincunx will be responsible for increased pressure on religious authorities to change the way they deal with people. It might manifest itself in visible violence.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The natural calamities like droughts, wildfires, heavy rains, air crashes, severe weather conditions, as well as man made accidents are more likely to occur between September 5 and 21.
Earthquakes: Based on our earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on September 8-10, and 14-17.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.