Date Posted: July 31, 2001
In the month of August there exists a strong potential for a global political as well as financial crisis due to Pluto-Saturn (both the ninefold and the direct) opposition, Rahu-Saturn ninefold opposition, Pluto-Uranus and Saturn-Uranus squares. However, almost at the same time the Neptune-Rahu and Jupiter-Rahu trines, the Neptune-Saturn sextile will provide favorable atmosphere for countries like Russia and China, and possibly for the pacific-rim countries to make some political gains and progress towards prosperity. Thus, the net result is very likely to be a very mixed picture across the world in terms of progress as a whole.
Due to a strong Pluto-Saturn (both the ninefold and the direct) opposition expect an outbreak of violence and rise in terrorism at least during the first couple of weeks of august. In addition, a high rate of occurrence of natural as well as man-made disasters and accidents are real possibilities during the same period. Tension between Israelis and Palestinians is likely to stay at an alarming level. Countries like Russia and China may face some internal political as well as social crisis which eventually turn out to be good for them since those crisis would allow them to transform themselves in to a new world.
- United States: For Bush administration, almost the entire month is likely to get filled with uphill challenges and frustrations. During the first week (August 3-8), due to an internal chaotic situation within the Republic Party, expectation of a drastic shift in Party’s agenda is very likely. As a result, Bush administration is likely to face with new challenges to effectively govern the country. During the second week (August 9-14) friction between the democrats and republicans is very likely to escalate further putting additional pressure on the Bush administration to even reasonably perform its daily chores. Again, the later half of the month (August 15-31) is likely to prove very frustrating and challenging in dealing with foreign affairs, especially with China and/or Russia, as well as domestic affairs which might include natural as well as made disasters.
Democrats will have their share of frustrations during the second week of the month, but overall, they are likely to experience less difficulty in carrying out their agenda as opposed to the Republicans. Republicans (Republic Party, in general) should watch out for any potential outbreak of a problem within their party during the third week of the month (August 15-21).
· Russia: In general, the most part of the month is very positive for Russia to make political as well as economical headways. During the third week (August 15-21) of the month Putin administration is likely to face either political or social crisis but I think, they should be able to handle it successfully and come out with further political gains. During the second week of the month (August 9-14) the relationship between the Russians and the United States is likely to be tested in a foreign policy matter. That week may turn out to be very strenuous for both parties, but eventually they are likely to find a solution between themselves. Natural calamities are likely to hinder the economical progress during the latter part of the month.
· China, Hong Kong, and Pacific-rim countries: For China, as with Russia, almost the entire month of August is positive. During the third week of the month China is likely to face serious domestic challenges both social as well as economical. But overall, Chinese government is likely to succeed in handling them. Both man-made and natural accidents are very likely during the first week of the month hindering the economical and political progress.
· Europe: From stability point of view the first week of the month is likely to turn out to be a disastrous due to Pluto-Saturn opposition. However, the second half of the month is positive for the entire continent.
· Religion: Rahu -Jupiter conjunction and Ketu-Jupiter opposition (August 1-5), Neptune-Jupiter quincunx (August 10-19) are likely to influence the religious activities around the world where conservatism will play dominant role. As a result religious authorities at least for a short term are likely to enjoy and possibly abuse their power in engaging self fulfilling activities. But in my opinion such activities will backfire in coming months and their credibility will be in question. In general, the first week (until August 5) and then August 10-19 are important days of the month from religious activities standpoint.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: Pretty much the entire month is going to be filled with lot of events dealing with both man-made and natural calamities. The crucial periods are: August 3-8 (during which expect European and Asian continents are likely to be at the center stage), August 9-14 (expect both the North and the South American continents are likely to be affected by natural disasters and man-made accidents), August 15-31 (during this period it’s mostly going to be the United States).
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, and accidents, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters in the northern hemisphere, and equally intensive droughts in the southern hemisphere; and thunderstorms, earthquakes, air crashes and fires.