Date Posted: September 30, 2000
During this month, the favorable ninefold angles between Uranus and Neptune, Uranus and Rahu, and Uranus and Ketu will provide the excellent environment for economic expansion via scientific discoveries and inventions, and also for merger and acquisitions in the financial world. However, ninefold squares between Saturn and lunar nodes (Rahu and Ketu) at the same time will create unfavorable and detrimental atmosphere in world politics and economy. The influence of the negative forces manifesting due to the ninefold squares is difficult determine as these would be partly offset by the favorable positive forces of Uranus and Neptune ninefold trine. As a result, expect a bag of mixed results with lot of volatile activities in world of politics and economics. The Pluto-Jupiter opposition will help ward off negative influence of Pluto, especially in the area of destruction and espionage. Social norms are likely to get transformed to a new level. The battle of ideology between liberals and conservatives in the United States likely to intensify, but in general expect some favorable outcome as a result. Overall, it’s a very exciting and volatile month for most part of the world.
Update: October 12
In light of current Middle East crisis it seems to me that the negative influence of Saturn-Rahu and Saturn-Ketu (Rahu and Ketu are lunar nodes) squares outweighs the favorable influence of Uranus-Neptune, Uranus-Ketu trines. If that’s so, then it’s very likely that these crisis are likely to continue through November 17 or so. As a result, these crisis may exert very negative force and create unfavorable climate for both political and economical conditions all around the world. It’s interesting that Middle East, oil, and oil markets, terrorism, and violence are strongly signified by Saturn, Rahu, and Ketu. And the ninefold squares which usually lasts for about a week or so is going to last for 4 to five weeks due to Saturn’s current retrograde motion.
· United States: The first half of October may see difficult challenges for Clinton Administration due to political crisis and internal mismanagement. But after about October 17, expect some easy and positive period for both Clinton Administration and the country. The relationship with Russia will take a new and positive dimension. A strong foreign policy will bring home some very satisfying rewards. The USA will continue to be a strong world leader and respectable guide to the rest of the world.
Although the first week of October looks to be promising, the Republic party is likely to be mired in their internal problems, and as a result, will face difficulties in carrying out a strong campaign later in the month. Their presidential nominee Bush is likely to fall behind in poll against his democratic rival Mr. Gore in the latter part of the month.
Democrats are likely to stumble in early part of the month, but later will come out of woods and get to enjoy some easy time and popularity during the second part of the month. Expect Mr. Gore to lead his opponent in polls.
· Russia: Despite a positive and favorable international policy, the country is going to go through a real difficult period during this month. Saturn-Rahu and Saturn-Ketu ninefold squares may become a cause for an economic and and perhaps to some extent political turmoil. From economical standpoint, Russians are likely to hit some roadblocks against their economic expansion efforts. Expect some close collaboration between USA and Russia during the second half of the month.
· China, Hong Kong, and Pacific-rim countries: On a political level, China is likely to face difficulties in resolving political and economic domestic issues. The relationship between USA and China is not likely to improve until about the third week of October. But from economic standpoint, the entire pacific-rim region, China, Japan, and Hong Kong are likely to enjoy some positive developments.
· Europe: The euro currency crisis is likely to continue through the first half of the month. However, during the second half of the month, a economical stability is likely.
· Religion: A lot of activities with mixed results are expected in the religious world during this month. First week is likely to witness difficult religious challenges by the religious authorities. During October 7 through October 18 period, some drastic changes are likely as more liberal approaches in religious world start taking their roots.
· Natural Calamities: Saturn-Rahu, and Saturn-Ketu ninefold squares likely to be responsible for natural calamities occurring all around the world. In addition, Pluto-Mars square occurring during October 2 through October 5 is more likely to cause some serious natural calamities during that time. These natural calamities may include extreme weather conditions such as hurricanes, severe cold winters in the northern hemisphere, and equally intensive droughts in the southern hemisphere. Also, thunderstorms, earthquakes, fires, and natural accidents are likely.