Date Posted: December 31, 2009
The year 2010 is going to begin with the accelerated Jupiter’s transit in Aquarius lasting through the end of April, and the retrograde Mars, which stays in Cancer through the first half of the year. The important planetary configurations for January include: Pluto-Saturn square (Jan 1-Feb 13), Neptune-Saturn (Dec 13 – Jan 13) ninefold opposition, Pluto-Rahu (Jan 16-23) and Uranus-Rahu (Jan 19-25) ninefold quincunxes, and Pluto-Uranus (Dec 6 – Feb 20) ninefold conjunction. Other important planetary configurations include Neptune-Ketu (Jan 2-9) and Saturn-Rahu (Jan 3-12) ninefold trines.
The deadly influence of the debilitated retrograde Mars in the water sign Cancer will be reflected in upheaval of political and religious worlds in next four to five months. Financial markets will become extremely volatile. Destruction of wealth due to natural calamities or man made accidents are also very likely. Other possibilities include a positive shift in spiritual world, outbreak of war or war like atmosphere in Afghanistan-Pakistan-India region.
On the other hand, the Jupiter’s unprecedented transit through Aquarius (taking only 4 months to transit through Aquarius and enter Pisces on May 1) means a great deal of prosperity and advances in science and technology. Aquarius being the most powerful air sign representing intelligence as well as spirituality, and with the presence of Neptune in Aquarius, Uranus in Pisces (a sign ruled by Jupiter) and Pluto in Sagittarius (another sign ruled by Jupiter again), I wouldn’t be surprised if the world gets transcended to a new level of intelligence and creativity in next four months.
On the downside, the occurrence of total solar eclipse on January 15 may accelerate the degree of violence or terrorism in the Middle East (especially Israel, Palestine, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iran) countries.
While Pluto-Saturn square may become responsible for increased violence, and man-made and natural calamities in the Middle East region, the Neptune-Saturn ninefold opposition is likely to manifest itself into rise in secretive world politics, especially in Russia and China. In addition, the negative forces of Pluto-Rahu and Uranus-Rahu ninefold quincunxes will reflect in increased political tension and political differences between European Union and the United States. The Pluto-Uranus ninefold conjunction will manifest itself in scientific advances and technological breakthrough in areas such as biotechnology, medicine, high tech and space sciences.
The auspicious Neptune-Ketu and Saturn-Rahu ninefold trines will be positive for world economical growth and possibility of political stability in the Middle-East region.
The countries that are most likely to be affected during this month will be: Middle-East (Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Palestine and Israel), Russia, China, USA and the European countries.
- United States of America:
President Obama and his administration:
For President Obama, his operating planet Ketu will continue to be in the eleventh house of his progressive chart for the entire month. As a result, he will continue to be successful in dealing with both domestic and foreign policy issues. and as a result, his popularity will be on rise. However, especially since December 24, his operating planet Mars, being retrograde in the twelfth house of his progressive chart will be responsible for some extraordinary difficult period that he must endure until January 11. But after Jan 11, he is likely to enjoy a good period for the rest of the month during which most of his political wishes will begin to bear fruits. In addition, the transiting Saturn will be making an auspicious trine aspect to his natal moon, and its manifestation will be reflected in his successful dealing with foreign counterparts and dignities. The seventh house transit of Jupiter through his ninefold progressive chart is very auspicious for him for both his political and personal life.
The Neptune-Saturn ninefold opposition will continue to dominate the US politics with ongoing friction between the republicans and democrats on issues ranging from economy, war, health care reform, and other matters. The retrograde Mars in water sign Cancer will create political chaos as well as financial markets volatility. The Pluto-Uranus ninefold conjunction will be responsible for a clear and irreversible shift in US politics. This would mean Obama administration will continue to have the upper hand in governing the country and their adversaries will be on defensive.
The Jupiter’s unprecedented transit through Aquarius means a great deal of prosperity and advances in science and technology. Aquarius being the most powerful air sign representing intelligence as well as spirituality, and with the presence of Neptune in Aquarius, Uranus in Pisces (a sign ruled by Jupiter) and Pluto in Sagittarius (another sign ruled by Jupiter again), manifestation of a new level of intelligence and creativity in next four months is very likely.
For Democrats most of the month may turn out to be more positive than they asked for. The republicans, on the other hand, are likely to struggle to solidify their political agenda from the next mid term election standpoint.
· Russia: The Pluto-Saturn square and Neptune-Saturn ninefold opposition are certainly not positive for Russian government during this month. These planetary forces will manifest themselves in creating social crisis and political instability with in Russia, and because of secretive nature of both Neptune and Saturn the world would never know about the actual happening with in the country. A rise in natural and man-made calamities are likely.
· Europe: The Neptune-Saturn ninefold opposition and Pluto-Saturn square will become responsible for increased secretive activities and natural and man-made calamities in Europe. In general, an anxiety-filled atmosphere will prevail. During the last two weeks of the month the occurrences of natural and man-made calamities are likely.
· China, Japan, and Pacific-rim countries: The Pluto-Saturn square and the Neptune-Saturn ninefold opposition are certainly not favorable for China during the first half of the month from both political and economical progress standpoint. Also, during the same period likelihood of natural or man-made calamities is high.
· Middle East: The Pluto-Saturn square, Neptune-Saturn ninefold opposition, Pluto-Saturn and Uranus-Saturn ninefold squares, and Pluto-Uranus ninefold conjunction all point to increased violence in the Middle-East region (Iran, Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Afghanistan, and Pakistani region) during the entire month.
· Religion: From a long term perspective this month may prove to be important and positive for collective spiritual growth and religious reforms. The near term picture may reveal the painful process the human race has to grow through for achieving the desired spiritual and religious transformation.
· Natural and Man-made Calamities: The natural calamities like droughts, wildfires, heavy rains, air crashes, severe weather conditions, as well as man made accidents are more likely to occur on January 16-23 and 26-31.
Earthquakes: Based on our earthquake prediction model, the earthquake(s) of magnitude 7 or higher, if occur, are likely to occur on January 11, 18, 22 and 31.
While man-made calamities may manifest themselves in terrorism, unrest, violence, accidents, and air crashes, the natural calamities are likely to include extreme weather conditions such as severe cold winters, and equally intensive droughts, hurricanes or typhoons, thunderstorms, earthquakes and fires.